Chapter 8

I don't own anything except Ithilwen and the fanfic. Elvish Talk 

__________________________________________

Thranduil had involuntarily fallen asleep, opening his eyes he saw a little Ithilwen in front of his desk. Father and daughter stared at one another until the King said something, "Wen-lell shouldn't you be with the nanny?"  raising his head,  still looking at his daughter's clear eyes. The butterfly hair piece sparkling in the light. "Were playing hide and run! she squeaked. "Don't you mean hide and seek?"   a smirk growing on his face. 

"No, I hide and she tries to find me and if she does find me. I run and find a different place to hide!" she smiled. Thranduil chuckled knowing what his daughter was up to, "Come, Ada will hide you." opening his arms. Ithilwen smiled and ran into her fathers arms. Thranduil lifted the little elfling, as the little one looked up. "Thank you Ada." Ithilwen laughed, her father also cracking a smile. 

__________

 "My King, Tauriel has left the forest and Legolas, as gone after her." he told, rousing the King from sleep. Coming awake from the dream like memory, Thranduil ignored the advisor and got up. "Is the army and provisions ready?" he asked, exiting his study. "Yes the army is ready but the provisions are still taking some time." he said following the King. Thranduil glared at him, as he continued to his chambers. 

Entering his room, he stopped when he saw the crystal butterfly on his bed. A forlorn look took its place on his face as he picked the butterfly up. 

__________

It was night in the kingdom, the guards were doing there duties. The elliths and everyone were sleeping. A cry rang into the night, rousing the nanny from sleep. Looking into the crib, a baby Ithilwen lay there crying her eyes out. Smelly nothing foul, and the princess having already been fed, the nanny tried to calm the little princess but nothing worked. Panicking, she ran to elliths quarters. The princess crying waking them. "Dear why did you bring the princess?" one asked as she ran to the nanny. "She will not stop crying I do not know what to do! I've tried everything that normally works but she will not settle!" looking to the young babe. All the elliths gathered around the young princess, each one held her but her cries only got louder. 

Soon the crying attracted the guards, "What is going on here?" one exclaimed. "It's the little princess she will not stop crying." one ellith explained. The gaurds tried to calm her as well but they too failed. 

The crying was so loud that it had woken a child Legolas from his sleep. Exiting his room, he went to his fathers room, dragging the blanket with him. Opening the door, Legolas walked towards his father. Climbing up, he shook his father. "Ada, Wen-thel is crying." his voice riddled with sleep. Thranduil groaned, not waking until his son hit him with a pillow. "ADA!" he yelled. The elven king snapped his eyes open, "Little leaf, what is it?" he asked sitting up, looking to his son. "Wen-thel is crying." he said again pointing out the door. Thranduil's eyes widened as panic settled into his being. 

Throwing the blankets off him, Legolas exclaiming as the blanket was tossed on him. Emerging from the pile he watched as his father ran out of his room. 

Back at the elliths quarters Ithilwen was crying even louder. No one could calm her. "What are you all doing!" Thranduil exclaimed seeing the group of elves. They turned and bowed to the king. The nanny still trying to calm the child, did not notice the childs father had come. The king walked towards the nanny and cleared his throat. Looking up, she jumped slightly. "My King, forgi- What happened to the princess?" Thranduil asked, interrupting her. "I do not know, she woke up crying like this."  she explained. The elf held his arms out and the nanny passed the babe to her father. 

Thranduil cradled Ithilwen carefully, his velvet robes softly touching the child's flailing arms. Opening her tear filled eyes, she reached for her father. The king looked to everyone, "The princess will stay with me tonight." telling them as he left the quarters going back to his own. Ithilwen still cried but her father slowly hushed her, rubbing the tufts of silver/blonde hair. 

Walking in he saw that Legolas had made himself comfortable in the bed. Thranduil smiled as he looked to Ithilwen. "Ada, is Wen-thel alright?" Legolas asked sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "Your sister is fine, just a nightmare." he explained. Getting in bed, his son crawled over to his sister, who was hiccuping. Looking from the older elf to her younger, Ithilwen still had tears in her eyes. "Don't worry Wen-thel, your big brother will beat up whoever bullies you. " he said this caused his father to smile and his sister to laugh slightly. 

"Come now, it's time for you to sleep." the king said. Legolas pouted but nonetheless he snuggled back into the blankets. Ithilwen however lay awake and was about to start crying again. "Oh, oh,oh hush little star. Ada is here." Thranduil hushed, rubbing her head softly. 

When that didn't work, he started to sing a lullaby (up top) that his wife had sung when his daughter was yet to be born. 

________Ithilwens PoV

Looking out onto the frozen lake, I reached for my hair clip but felt nothing. Panicking, I felt around but then I remembered I had left it at Mirkwood. Sighing, I continued looking out onto the water. 

"So," jumping I turned but sighed as I saw it was only Bard, the human who owned the boat. "what's a human doing among thirteen dwarves and a hobbit?" he asked. Looking ahead, and pulling down my hood in front of my face. "I'm a mercenary, someone hired me to give something to the King of Mirkwood. As well as steal something from someone." giving a brief backstory, just in case Thorin decided to say something snarky. "Really, a woman mercenary, you don't see many of those." 

Taking a glance at him, his eyes were narrowed in suspicion and he looked up and down my cloak trying to find fault in anything. Shrugging his shoulders he went back to his duties on his boat. I guess he was satisfied with my response. My eyes then caught sight of something grand. Running to starboard side, I gasped. 

Normal pov

"The Lonely Mountain!" Ithilwen gasped. The dwarves looked to the right and all standing slowly. Gloin handed over his money bag as he told Thorin to take all that was in there. the thumping of footsteps came over as the ellith looked to the company. Bard was talking to Thorin. 

Going over Ithilwen just heard that she needed to get in the barrels. Immediately going into a barrel without question. The company looked at her weirdly as well as Bard. Peeking out of the barrel, she explained to Bard. "I have excellent vision and I saw the guards up ahead."  

After her explanation the company got into a barrel. 

After awhile in the barrels Ithilwen and the others felt greasy, oily fish rain down upon them. 

__________

Yes the long awaited chapter 8, thank for being patient! Thank you so much! I graduated last week I graduated from high school and oooh boy was that tiring😭 and stressful. Also my sisters and there s/o were here and I don't get to see them often. I was very happy 😁😁. 

But anyway, Thank you 🙏so much for the views💙, votes💜, and comments💚. They are all greatly appreciated. And congrats to the class of 2021! 

Hope you liked the chapter, until next time.