two ༄

dream sits on his bed, watching some random movie he put on. he doesn't exactly know what it's about, because he hasn't been paying attention. instead, dream's mind has been occupied by other thoughts. things like his 'fight' with sapnap last night. he's not sure why sapnap was being such a dick, but he hated it.

he sits up, his phone catching his attention. a message popping up on his screen.

message from: 'quackity'
|hey, did you guys make it home last night?|

dream picks up his phone to respond.

yeah, me and sap got into an argument.

he sets his phone down, hoping to catch up on his movie that he's missed. but he's already getting flooded with more text messages.

really? what about?
did y'all fight?

no, but we almost did.
the motherfucker was talking shit on george right in front of me!

dream thinks back to last night. the dirty words at the tip of sapnap's tongue, the fuming rage and awful sentences falling from his mouth. directed to no other than george. and when sapnap brought up his father, dream felt helpless. he felt weak and unable to speak. those words hit deep. like a knife to the throat, they stung. but he could do nothing but stand there in pure agony. trying to block out all the hateful words falling from his mouth like wildfire. one after another.

everybody knew dream's father was a selfish, greedy man who did nothing but drink constantly. taking out his problems on dream, his son. and it left bruises, it left scars. memories dream would never forget.

you didn't throw a fist at him?

i tried, but i couldn't do it.
he brought up my dad.

i'm really sorry, man.
is there anything i can do to make you feel better?

not really, i just need to get my mind off things

i understand. talk to you later?

yeah of course.

so dream sets his phone back down, sinking into the warmth of his grey covers. hoping to get his mind off of the incident that happened last night. he tries to fall back asleep, when he just can't. tossing and turning until he finally gives up and sits upright on his bed. back resting against the bed frame, head burrowed into his hands.

he has nothing to do and nothing can make him feel better anymore. dream stares out his window, hoping maybe the stars will bring him comfort. and they do, but not as much as he would've wished for. they're beautiful and their shining, glittery essence is enough to form a smile across his face.

and just as dream is about to fall back asleep, there's a gentle buzz of his phone on his bedside table next to him. he looks over, a notification on his screen.

1 missed call from: 'george <3'
text message from: 'george <3'
| answer your phone! |

dream smiles, picking up his phone. he responds instantly, feeling bad that he hadn't answered sooner. he must've been distracted by the stars.