Family Ball

Summary: Y/n is in love with Emily but her family has a marriage arrangement for Y/n to marry a man

Summary: Y/n is in love with Emily but her family has a marriage arrangement for Y/n to marry a man. Her family has a ball to suprise Emily with the news.

Y/n sat down on the chair as her parents gave her the usual spiel about need to marry a man and how a women needs a man.

Y/n got up ready to leave. Until someone came through the door, a man. He had brown hair that was wavy, blue eyes and he was built. Y/n looked confused. "Who is this?" She directed the comment at her mother and father. "Well considering you haven't chosen a man, we have chosen one for you" Mother said standing up.

Y/n moved away from the man "Y/n he is to accompany you to the ball tonight" Father said. "What no!" Y/n yelled Her father stood up "You are in no position to question my authority!" Y/n steps back and then turns to the man. "Fine I shall accompany you to the ball" Y/n said faking a smile he took her hand and kissed the back of it. "my name is Arthur" He said Y/n tried not to gag.

"right now that is settled I'm going for a walk" Y/n said and walked towards "and Arthur shall accompany you on your walk to you two get to know each other" Mother said "he shall?" Y/n questioned earning stern looks from her father and mother.

"Let's go on our walk then" He said and held out for her to take, she did and they walked out the door.

The walked down the street. Y/n saw Emily and the two made eye contact. Emily ran straight up to the two. Y/n moved her hand away from the mans. Y/n wrapped her arms around Emily's waist, She wrapped her around Y/n's neck.

The man cleared his throat. Ruining the two girls moment Y/n pulled away from Emily and moved back. "Who is this?" Emily asked looking at the man standing next to Y/n "This is Arthur" Y/n said "and this is Emily Dickinson, She is my..Friend" That word feel so wrong coming out of her mouth. It left a bitter taste.

"Y/n we should continue our walk" He said "Oh Emily are you coming to the ball tonight, my family is hosting the festivities this evening" Y/n spoke. "Oh ah yes I am my family got the invitation but I wasn't planning on going" She said with a forced smile.

Y/n smiled "one last hug" she said and Hugged Emily "come to the ball, for me, I don't want to dance with a man" Y/n whispered and moved away and Arthur pulled Y/n's hand.

Y/n and Arthur continued their walk. It was near sunset. When she returned.

Once Y/n got home she fell on her bed. Her personal maid walked in holding her dresses. Y/n sighed. Katie knows about Emily and Y/n's relationship. "Katie I hate him, I hate that Emily saw him. She looked so hurt" Y/n said. Katie was about to reply but  Y/n's mother knocked at the door "are you ready guests are staring to show up" She spoke Y/n got up and Katie held Y/n get out of her dress.

The dirty blonde haired girl tightened her Corset at y/n's mother request because as she says 'a man like a small' waist. Y/n internally scoffed. 'Emiky doesn't she'd prefer it on the ground' Y/n thought as she tried to breath. She had a gold dress on with Silver bits. Y/n had her hair up in a bun with plaits through it.