C h a p t e r 3

Instead of being in the Great Hall to eat dinner, here I am in the astronomy tower, watching the moon give light in the middle of the darkness.

"You are here again?" I turned around to hear the languid voice of Professor Snape standing behind me.

"Stealing my spot."

I took a deep breath... I was in no mood to tease him right now. I don't know but I can't feel anything right now.

I did not say a word and remained silent. I kept staring into nothingness as Professor Snape was next to me doing the same thing.

I looked at him, and what I saw was blank... Always... "What's on your mind?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Nothing... And if there is, why should I tell you?" He answered but didn't even glance at me.

"Tell me, what do you know about the Order?" I asked to open a new conversation.

"You know Dumbledore's stupid burning chicken army?!." Not he- insulting Dumbledore's association.

Where in fact-he is also, secretly part of it.

"He asks me to be part of it" I answered then looked into his dark sharp tantalizing eyes.

"Why would Dumbledore do that?."

"Because he seems to know everything about me."

"Did you agree?" Snape asked curiously.

"No... I didn't come here to be against him who shall not be named" I answered and looked up at the sky.

Suddenly the moon that was covered by clouds appeared again.

"What is the reason then?."

"Love" I answered honestly "What for- would I hide the truth from him?

"Stupid" he accidentally chuckled.

Suddenly my eyes widened when I saw his expensive smile-god!!

His smile should be adored!

"So you know how to smile?."

A curl on his lips quickly fades away when he realizes what he has done.

He cleared his throat and looked away. "Love makes you do stupidity."

"I think the same way back then. But when I felt it. It changed me, and I'm willing to burn the world for him."

"I don't know such a thing as love," He said but I felt those words were just empty.

"Pity you" I answered sadly.

If you don't know love, your life will be lonely.

Empty.

Sad.

And boring.

When I felt this- this emotion. I thought it gave my life colors.

But it seems I fell in love with the darkness.

"Did you know how attractive you are?!" I don't know why that came out of my mouth.

But I can't take it back anymore.

Having him beside me right now, now that I have someone to be with in my cold and disturbing night.

He makes my heart tremble, I can't explain exactly how I feel right now. Maybe nervous?.

My heart didn't stop beating fast, he was actually taking my breath away.

With just his simple words. I feel like I'm going to faint and run out of breath.

He didn't say a word and just looked at me in confusion.

Everyone will probably be surprised if they find out that I'm infatuated with him.

No one likes him because of his grumpy and rude nature.

But strangely, I do like it.

Everything about him... good and bad.

"No one likes me-"

I cut off what he had to say when I suddenly grabbed his cheek and reached for his lips.

This is me, saying that I like him if no one does.

I kiss him with my heart, while my tongue is asking for entrance... As my heart is doing the same thing.

I didn't expect him to kiss me back... But strangely he did.

He opened his soft lips and let me in.

While his hand slowly crawled into my cheek and finally grabbed my chin.

Emotions are overflowing in me. I can't stop my heart from beating faster and faster.

As our kiss deepened, I could feel the strange energy slowly coming out of my body.

And just like what I've thought, my hair is slowly returning to white gold and shining like a star in the sky.

When our lips parted, I looked at him- I could see the fascination in his eyes as he looked at my magical hair.

Professor Snape suddenly took a step back.

The fascination in his eyes faded away in just one snap when he realized what he had done.

His eyes slowly filled with dread.

"Why did you kiss me?... I didn't mean to kiss back and confuse you... This is so wrong" he said.

"Me doing stupidity just for you. You are the reason why I came to Hogwarts" I answered nervously.

Afraid of what he is gonna say next.

I didn't plan to confess my feelings now, it just happened all of a sudden.

And I know to myself that this is not the right time... I am afraid that he will take me down.

"Did it even enter your brilliant mind that I'm old enough to be your father?!" he uttered bitterly as he looked away.

"Then why did you kiss me back?!"

He was stunned by my question and was unable to answer.

He was silent for a few minutes then when he finally looked at me.

His eyes went cold as ice. "I had no idea."

"I already showed and confessed my genuine feelings for you... I have nothing to regret-"

"My heart already belongs to someone else" He suddenly said, which made me stop.

Even if it was just a word, it was like a sharp knife that went through my heart.

I clenched my fist and tried to calm myself.

I left my old life just for this.

I won't just give up and go home in tears.

"Then I'm gonna steal your heart from her" I determinedly said.

I already swore to the deity, that I would burn down the whole world just for him.

"You can't-" he uttered emphatically... I could sense sadness.

"Why-"

"Because I loved her all my life... And she's the only person that keeps me alive" He mumbled sadly then dramatically walked out of the tower while I was left cold and dumbfounded.

He told me he didn't know anything about love.

Now he's telling me he's crazy in love with a woman.

"Love is indeed a mystery" I bitterly said as my tears fell down my cheeks.

"I didn't know it would hurt like this."

My chest felt tight... I couldn't breathe properly.

I couldn't help falling to the floor in a daze, as my hope slowly faded away.

How can I fight a woman whom he loved all of his life?

While me, I have known him for less than a year.