Chapter 5: Mira

I had just finished feeling sorry for myself (and Will), my pillow was covered in enough tears to fill an olympic sized swimming pool, when the dinner bell rang.

I stood up and walked to the door. I slowly turned the doorknob and peaked my head out at the dimly lit stretch of grass that the cabins surrounded. I opened the door further and walked out of cabin 7.

I didn't know whether I was allowed to go and eat with the rest of my fellow campers, but I was starving. I hadn't eaten since that morning, and then I killed- well, I hadn't been able to eat lunch.Maybe I could sneak in, take something and leave.

I walked unsteadily to the dining pavilion. I tried to walk quietly to my cabins table, but someone from Ares saw me. "What are you doing here?"

Everything went silent. Everyone turned and stared at me. I started shaking. Sweat ran down my neck. "Mira, come here." Chiron broke the silence. I looked at him. I was sure he could hear my heart pounding from across the pavilion. I took a few steps and stumbled over a crack. I continued on, trying to ignore the titters that rippled through the crowd.

I faced the old centaur. He motioned for me to sit beside him at the head table. My face grew red as I took my seat. My food, which was pad thai with a side of fried crickets, if you were wondering (what, they're good) tasted bland, probably due to all of the glares pointed at me for the duration of the meal.

I saw Nico looking at me, but I couldn't read his expression. He had a new pair of skull patterned glasses clamped to his shirt. Where the heck did he find those? I tried to catch his eye, but when he saw me he turned away. Lisa saw the exchange and blinked at me sympathetically.

When we finished, I walked slowly behind my cabin mates back to our sleeping quarters.They were all talking about Austin's new Youtube video.

When we got to the cabin, he turned on his computer and they all rewatched it. "What's that?'' Kayla asked. She was pointing to something in the background through the trees.

I recognised it. It was the archery rage. And there I was, pulling back my bowstring. Austin had caught the moment when Will died!

But something was wrong. My eyes were glowing green. I stared.

"Oh my gods! She was possessed by an eldon!'' My sister Millie whispered. I didn't know whether to be relieved or horrified. Even though I hadn't been myself, I had still pulled back the bow string.

I turned and silently got ready for a miserable night of dreams that would surely be full of Will's terrified face. Great! It'll be such fun! As I slid into sleep I heard Austin and Kayla talking. I tried to tune them out, but the last thing I heard was, "What if it happens again?" then nothing.

A cloud of black smoke drifted over me. I was rocketing through a dark tunnel, at what felt like the speed of sound. I stopped abruptly in a dim room. As my vision focused, and my eyes stopped rattling, I saw a lean man with dark hair sitting behind a black marble desk.

He was flipping through ash colored pieces of paper, mumbling to himself as he ran his finger down each page. "Mary page, Rupert Longfellow, Will Solace, James Leonar- wait Will Solice?! But isn't that Nicos.. No, that boy isn't joining the fields of asphodel yet." the man, who I had now guessed was Hades, snapped his fingers. I heard Will's familiar scream. There was a heavy woosh.

My eyes flew open. I gasped and sat up. "Will!" I breathed. I was filled with hope.

I scrambled out of my bed, and tripped over a shoe and crashed to the floor, causing my bow to clatter to the ground. I pushed myself up and ran to the door. By then my siblings were muttering at me to shut up.

I yanked the door open and raced to the shed where they were keeping Will's body. I reached it and, my hand trembling, opened it. Moonlight flooded the room, turning the coffin a silvery brown.

I walked to it and fell to my knees, pressing my ear to the wood. A hard knocking made me jerk away from the lid.

I fumbled with it and lifted it up. Will sat up, breathing heavily. He was holding the arrow in one hand, dried blood still caked on it.

He looked down at his bloody shirt. There was no wound. He turned to me. "What in Hades just happened?"

I slumped in relief. " I guess you didn't kick the bucket hard enough." I said weakly. He stood up and stepped out of the coffin.

He stumbled and dropped to the floor. "Woah, dying really makes you woozy." I let out a hysterical laugh and stood up.

I helped support him out the door, and to cabin 7. We struggled through the door and I led him to his bed. He collapsed. "Thanks, I guess. I mean, you were the one who put me in this state in the first place."

The light suddenly flicked on. Austin stood gaping by the lightswitch. "Will?" Will looked at him. "Im back!'' Kayla turned over. "Will you shut that thing- Will? But- how?'' I looked at Will. His faint smile was lopsided, like a drunkie. "We'll tell you tomorrow." I walked to my bed and curled up. I fell asleep, and (thank the gods) didn't dream.

(boom. the last chapter comes out tomorrow, its kind of an epologue, but were calling it a chapter, whatever.
drink yo water ppl

Quadro

Note from the other author

"dont get addicted to Pintrist, because I dont need anyone makes the mistakes I do lol. I have literly been on there for like 3 hours
gods I need help
lol"

-Lisa

there you have it folks

oh, shes still writing to me

"I have 831 saved pins....
Ok gonna go draw bye"
and now shes done.
bye