Chapter 4: Reasons Why

Chloe Moretz as Ciara Lake

----------

Dean

"You said yes?" Said the jerk who then belted out a loud laugh that echoed off of the walls in my living room. "Well it's about time you did something daring. I was starting to believe you were saint, but you've proved me wrong my man."

"Whatever." I shrugged and took a swing of drink.

"But seriously, why did you say yes? I mean, no was your mantra to everything. What made you change your mind?"

"Well Oprah," I smirked as his lips went into a tight thin line. "Somewhere in him, I saw myself. I remember when I was his age, I had a crush on my teacher to. Mr. Steven Carter." I reminisced.

"The gym teacher?" He asked in disgust. Charles always did hate him for making him do the most work outs, but that was only because he was the only scrawny kid in our class.

"I remember when I confessed my love for him....." I'd never forget that day. The day I knew for sure that I loved somebody. In a way, he was my first love.

"And what happened!? Don't leave me hangin'! No one likes a cliffhanger!" Each sentence he said he moved closer to me, almost as if we were two teenage girls gossiping about the latest topics.

"He rejected me right on the spot. He told me that he wasn't into guys, let alone little boys, even though he was in his early twenties and I was seventeen. After that, he switched me out of his class, and I had to quit the team because I made him feel 'uncomfortable'. That bastard."

"And that's why you didn't shut Christian down." He put together. I nodded slowly, trying hard not to let my memories take over me.

"I was just like Chris. I wasn't as lame, and flirty, and openly flamboyant and-"

"Carry on! I get it!" He said impatiently.

"But the kid has the same persistent attitude, the same sparkle in his eyes that I was told I had when I saw the man I always wanted. And I just couldn't bring myself to do that to the kid. Just look at how I turned out." I downed the rest of my drink and placed it on the coffee table in front of me.

"Well here what I think." He said. Suddenly the back of my head was stinging and the sound of skin hitting skin sounded off.

My hand flew to the back of my head and rubbed it. "What was that for?"

Charles crossed his arms over his chest and scoffed.

"Your reason."

"What?" I asked, still hissing under my breath. For a guy, he sure had quite a hand on him.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head as if I were a lost cause.

"You're not going on a date with him because you want to, you're going on a date with him because you feel bad for him, and that's not right."

"Charl-"

"Don't "Charles" me, Dean. What you're doing to that boy is wrong. You shouldn't go on this date with him because you pity him. You should go if you genuinely want to, not because you don't want to hurt the boy's feelings." He shook his head in disappointment.

I never really thought about it like that. I mean, I hadn't thought of how he'd take it. I know for a fact that he liked, the poem said it all, and I knew that this date was all he wanted from me, maybe even more.

The point is, Charles is right.

With new intentions set, I promised to make sure that this date would be the best date Christian would ever go on.