Chapter 7: things fall apart

(hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I've updated and I know it's not much...but it's been crazy busy and I wanted to update, and finally got a bit of a chance today)

Y/n Pov

A new day means new opportunities I let out a small chuckle "ugg, what am I, a cult pamphlet" I mumble but still the thought stays, accompanied by the hope that Darius and I can go back to being friends.

I make my way into the living room noticing the glum looks on everyone presents faces, I make my way to Kenji and grab his chair pulling back slightly, "Ahh" he lets out a surprised shriek flailing his arms trying to get his balance back.

I let out a laugh as he sends me a playful glare "oh I see how it is, a declaration of a prank war huh" he says, I only give him an innocent smile "hey I was just helping"

He raises an eyebrow "by giving me a heart attack?" he retorts, I send him a smirk "never~" I lean forward and put two fingers against his forehead right between his eyes, moving them in circular motions "I was trying to help you not get uglier, by giving you a fright you stopped frowning so deeply Mr. brutey"

He pushes my hand off gently "Hey! I'm handsome thank you very much, I couldn't be ugly if I tried...and I do not brute...Miss Tarzan" I send him a quizzical look "Miss Tarzana?"

"Of course, you're not nearly delicate enough to be Jane and besides the way you rushed up that tree and have a way with dinosaurs, Tarzana just seems logical" I send him a small playful glare, "well~ in that case Tarzana is nothing without his trusted side kick right Jean?" he laughs "well who else will keep you out of trouble?" I punch his shoulder with my not so bruised side ignoring the sting from the movement "if I recall correctly, it was always Jane who got herself in trouble, but don't worry Jean, I got you, let me just get my loin cloth and spear before you go off damsel in distressing okay"

We share a laugh as he nudges me making me wince in pain, his face becomes serious "I'm sorry, I forgot you were hurt for a second...how are you feeling?" I send him a soft smile "well it's definitely a pain in the butt when I move a lot, but I think because I had a good Nurse it's better than it would have been" he smirks "well thanks for the compliment, Dr. Kenji does sound pretty good"

"Okay calm down, relax your ego I said Nurse not Doctor" I chuckle he goes to retort but before he got the chance to reply Yaz suddenly popped up next to us, hand on her hip and finger moving between us "okay, woah, when exactly did this happen?"

Me and Kenji share a confused look before turning back to her "when did what happen?" I ask, she raises her eyebrow "your weird friendly banter...you where ready to kill each other not too long ago" we share a look and Kenji decides to speak "well no woman could resist my charms for long, it was obvious she'd fall for me at some point" I snort as I send his a sarcastic look "oh how could I not fall for those soft brown eyes, and the smoothness of his voice, oh the way the sun bounces off of his soft skin as if caressing the softest of satin," I dramatically say letting my hand caress his cheek and let out a dreamy sigh "mhm~ my heart was irrevocably stolen, but alas a lowly jungle girl like me could never hope to win over such a swoon worthy man who's hearts already been taken by a mirror and hair jell" I dramatically pose hand on my chest my voice airy as I let out a snort, I ruffle Kenji's hair, not noticing his reddening face and shocked look I walk away to the kitchen since food is important.

3rd Pov

As y/n leaves Kenji stares off at her in a dreamy state "I don't even know what to do with that, why is everyone here so weird!?" Jaz says folding her arms and going back to doing what she was prior, Kenji clears his throat coming back to reality "Hey not the Hair!! And I don't use that much hair jell either!!" his yell is annoyed but the softness in his eyes as he looks back at y/n who just stuck her tongue out at him and the way his heart raced told a different story.