Chapter 4

She looked frail and held my hand. Starring at me.
I will never do that Fred you know me as an intimate one .
     Know you??? The Abby I know won't flirt on me.
Or tell me are twins??I wanna go for my Abby. She's missing.
    He dramatically yelled my name while I was just infront of him.
He left me at the hospital. Chris came for me at my beck and call.
     I cried amidst prayers ,all the four seasons of prayer.
     Day,
Noon,
        Night and Dawn.
I was confused, the most on earth.
I.....I didn't know what to do. I felt weak for I regurgitated everything I took in.
Freddy refused to touch me. He slept right beside me. He didn't touch my food though he always left money in my wardrobe with mere notes
"This is for food","This is for the bills",This is for this....and....that.
    The truth is I didn't need a note when the person was with me??
A speech would do. He'd go to work and return  quarter to"Twelve".
Whenever I approached him to speak to him,he left with excuses.
     I haven't slept with any guy too.I stayed pure to myself for 28 years. No one has ever touched me.
I don't know!! Love,please understand me ,pleas...
      Stop this Abby,who on earth will believe this .It's incredible .
Do you know something?Just do one thing for me .
      What Darling??
Stop behaving so pious here.
Leave me in peace ok. Please !!
Look how I  kept my emotions shattered even after marriage.
     Could you be insensate ???Refusing to let me touch you even after Marriage?? Oh yes because you knew what you did right??
     Baby,please I....won't go until you...
Until I do what??? Fred intruded quickly.
You made my friends held me in derision. You,you, Abby. But I trusted you he cried. My whole is in you. You let me down .

       He sat in his car,and drove off.
I reached out my hand but my abdomen ached. I left for home for we stood at the outside.
   I never quit prayer and reading the Bible.It was 8.00pm and there was no sign of Freddie.
Then 10.00pm  not even his footsteps 
    Now it's 1.00AM the next day. Freddie wasn't home.
What was my fault??
My Own didn't believe me. Neither my Mom nor Dad.
    He left home for 168 hours. He's absence was now ringing in my cells.
My Cerebrum was vibrating with
   Love I'm here!!
      Love, I'm coming!! Love,I'm in the bathroom!!
    Love,where are you??
Love,let's do physics!!
     Love,I'm hungry!!! Fred's voices all over my mind.

     I couldn't hold it anymore. I searched all over but I still couldn't find my Own.
I was nearly knocked down by a car. Which stopped immediately. Hmmmm,it was my Fred at last.
   Girls were all over him.
My heart was just pumping much blood than ever. Arteries, Veins were swelling up.
  Guess who came out. Fred was out to hold my hands .Jerry hit his hands off.

     " Charlie lef am"
(leave her) Yo! make I tell you Fred, she dey wif another guy saf before you got engaged
(She was with another guy before you got engaged)
   I  felt like disproving that. The last thing he added hit me.
  I looked intently into her eyes.
My heart yearned for my Own but Jerry hindered me. I couldn't anymore. I ran to her.
Jerry held me back. Love knelt down with her protruded belly.
      Something tingled in me.
I held her up. Then she glared at me for some minutes,strangely.
She saw I had changed.
    Awwww,Look how you've emaciated While I always cooked for you.
Look at you, all your muscles are weakened now. Your stomach?? What happened to your packs.
  I guess it's late eating right?? She sounded like Mom now.
She smiled. That smile radiated my wounded sores .
   So I told Jerry to go.
I couldn't leave part of me behind. For I was and will be incomplete without my Own.
Jerry came in again,
She dey lie to you .Make she no deceive you wif ein smile. Ah! You saf she bewitch you anaa???
(She's lying to you. Don't be deceived by her smile. Ah! Has she bewitched you).
    Yoo!make we go chill wif other shoddies. Shoddies wey foine pass her. Fred lef am,lef am .Make we go,make we go
(Ok,let's go and chill with other girls. Girls better than her.Fred leave her, leave her .Let's go, let's go).
   Darling, don't leave please. This was to no service. Jerry drove fast .They were gone.
     I didn't know but Jerry controlled me such that I left my Abby behind.
Outside, by the roadside.
My heart pricked me,I was motionless.I couldn't do anything.
Perhaps she caused this ,but I felt guilty within.
         We arrived at the club.
This was the place I vowed to Abby not to step foot. Here I was.
   Jerry took me there though I explained that to him explicitly.
A young lady approached me rubbing  hands on me. She was a prostitute.
    Her eyelashes were as broomsticks.  She wore a thick red lipstick. The one like blood clot. Her nails were as those witches wore in films.She wore a brassiere and biker pants only even in the club.
     I started perspiring profusely. She reached out for my hands .I neglected them. Then she drew closer and kissed me. I was dumb.
     I got the courage to yell,
            "I'M MARRIED "
She smiled and retorted,
   " I Love the married not the singles "
My God,which kinda of Lady is this,she is evil.
So it was true and right before my eyes. Just as in the movies.
     My inn was somewhere else while I was here.
All I realized was that I was in a room.  A very dark one with the strange lady. She was half naked with just a towel wrapped around her.
She threw herself on the bed I found myself .
      I  stood quicky, got to the door. She ran after me. The next thing was she unzipped my trousers and loosed my buttons. I pushed her and ran out.
Hmmmm,which sin was I getting myself into.
      She did ran after me as crazy as she was. I saw Jerry smoking and having the time of his life with them.
He was married too, but I didn't know "her".
    My heart oh God, no wonder forgiveness was the right way not to get into  trouble.  I ordered an Uber home with Jerry's phone for my phone was with the strange lady, I saw her handing it over to Jerry as I left.
    My phone was with Jerry now,How could I get money to pay the driver??
I went back for it.
Someone held my shirt. It was her.
  "The strange lady" .
She slapped me for being timid. Imagine?? She left blowing the smoke from her cigarette on me.
     I sat down and left for home.
                         At last,
There was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door with prayer.
     It was my Own. He's back!! I felt like jumping. He ran into the bathroom and wept loudly. I rushed in there,he nearly drowned in the Jacuzzi.  I held him by the hand,I dried the water on him with our towel and led him into our room.
  This time he didn't refuse. He slept by me that night.
He woke up by night and interrogated me. I answered with tears.
   He hugged me and told me he loves me.
He then made a halsen to me never to react that way ever again.
  I confessed ,I didn't do it Freddy. I...didn't...do.
He pressed my hand and told me to forget about it. He knelt down and implored me to forgive him.
     I retorted,I really love you my Own,I've kept myself all these years and I've known no man please bear with me.
     Love covers a multitude of sin. My love for you is influenced by my love for God.
I told you I love you and still do because God told me to turn and  when I did,He said that's Her.
   I nearly acted foolishly but God prompted me and I came back. I told her what happened. She just said,
        "Don't worry Love".
I added Love,
If Love is a flower,then you're the Sweetest flower ever. She left for her phone rang. I thought she was tired of me.
  The truth was that she sensed, my perfume was mingled with sweat.
She prepared for my bath and bathe me. She massaged me too after we took our dinner.
    Our Love grew more stronger.
This time we did physics more often but meticulously.