Chapter 1

Hurry Abby what are you waiting for again? Dad is waiting to have a word with you. Mom said peturbedly.
I'm coming Mom ,a minute I'd be just there. What could have aroused this word ??I thought, I hurried downstairs.
But Dad calmly said with the tone of "I'm finally letting go".I know your Wedding is 48 hours from this very minute. We taught you alot you should know darling. Mom nodded .
Sweetheart don't forget the Word of God, let the Word lead you darling, and our teachings let them prompt you, in everything you do. This time Dad was soo soft in tone.I felt like crying though I stopped it.
Are you sure you want to marry Fred? Is this your desire?It's a life journey you know. We are your greatest experience. For thirty years we've been married and you've witnessed part of it.We do quarrel but not all quarrels mean hatred. Marriage needs understanding. Your Dad has never laid a finger on me .He's here you can verify. We always patch up when we do.Mom continued.
Settling your differences, effective communication,trust,fidelity above all love and forgiveness sustains most marriages even ours.Are you sure you are prepared?Home management skills,Child bearing and care??I'm ready Mom.You know, I took care of my younger siblings from childbirth till they grew, for Mom was always busy so I helped.Simply at the age of Ten.Lest I forget dear,"Never forget that the way to a man's heart is through his Stomach".My young chef,don't spare Fred.She winked at Dad. He smiled.
Be equable dear,easily forgive ok. Dad chipped in. They both smiled to end their speech.
All I'd say was ok, Mom and yes Dad but this time I gave them the greatest hug for those words wouldn't be heard just this way anymore.
You know Marriage isn't just an exchange of vows,ability to cook,wash dishes ,have kids and work to provide when needs arise .
It's a lifetime journey,and one needs to be psychologically, financially, physically and spiritually prepared.
You know when Pastor Stallon says this, I laughed during those days by then I was only in High school. But life gave me the time to laugh while this day awaited me.
Here I am going to handle my new home both physically and spiritually. It seemed hilarious but can't laugh at certain things I used to laugh at now .
Those memories whose nostalgia grips our reality whenever we are alone.
I've got to see Dave our doctor for the vaccine all because of our honeymoon is outside the country .
"Maldives " Fred suggested this.
Mom,Dad got to go see Doc.Dave
Ok ,darling ,Dad said .
Take care, Sweetheart Mom waved.

"George ",drive me to the hospital to see doc. He's even calling.
Hello,doc,
"I need you at the hospital within an hour" he said.
I got there within 30minutes, he was perturbed when I got there but I didn't ask him anything for doctors and their patients ,so he tested me and got me vaccinated.
Soon ,I saw Fred leave Doc's office I felt a bit jittery but was quite relieved when he smiled at me. How could he be there before me ?Was something wrong?? I mused.
We both departed .
I went to the Barleys,the Bakery for more enquiries on our pastries.
Fred had his rider share our invitation cards to friends who just came home for some vacation. I'll leave for home and take a nap.
"I wonder why people spread false rumors. All I heard was voices whispering.
Esi:Have you heard??Awurakua??
Akua:What is it my Sister?
Esi: Oh so you haven't heard ,hmmm.Seems you have something in that pot of yours, let's taste yours first dear.
Akua: Aaaaa,no my Sister ,let's reserve mine for Brunch ok,it's almost time for that.By the way you approached me first ooo.
Esi:See how you convinced me. Ok
It's Manuella,her daughter is getting married.
Akua:Ooo really, so that explains all the decorations eerh,no wonder my tongue is watery for those stewings.
Esi:Eeeeeih, that aroma is from Keziah's chopbar.
Akua:Oh is that so.Aaaa so that's why.
Esi:What?
Akua: The cards and posters, even the new paint...You were right.
Esi:I'm always right.
Akua: I hear they say the massa is a Lawyer ooo
Esi: Really, how come I didn't hear this?Then our businesses with the big men are secured now
Akua:Hmmm,Noo.Are you part of their family??(Maameii,Maameii)
Akua: Eeeeeih my Rice!!I've got to go.
Esi: Ok,hurry then.See you, when you see me ok.

I heard this as I waited there for Fred.
This gossips will always spread current happenings.See how they rebrand everything. I'm surprised myself. Haaaha,the paint thing kraa made me sneeze. Well,it's their own business.