Chapter 2

Fred came out finally smiling and waving at me . Doc texted me to come for my vaccination tomorrow I showed it to Fred. Aaaa,so he didn't get me vaccinated earlier?Then what was that injection for??These thoughts ran through my mind.
Fred dear,let's go so Chris drops you at the decor events while he drops me at the Barleys.
The Barleys???What's that?.
Oh dear,it's the Bakery for the Wedding pastries. Darling! you know I've got a car,I'll drive there please.
Hmmm,this response made her turn her face aside. At least let me do what will make her smile again. Ok,ok,suggestion, suggestion. She turned.
I will go with you. If only you'd love me sit by you.
She smiled ,then I realized that feeling.
Let's go Chris, Fred said.
But the Car?
What about the car Abby.
He quickly called Kevin to come for the car.
Bestie, I..........
What is it Abby dear?Talk to me.
He took my hands in his and looked straight into my eyes as one waiting to catch every single word I utter.
I spoke softly. Bestie, I just want to know the plans ,you've got for our Honeymoon. Besides after 48 hours,I will be yours legally and Biblically.
Oh,the "HM",What about it.Fred asked.
I want to know whether it's here in Ghana or elsewhere.
Really, you want to know??You shouldn't??
Why Fred??
Because it's a surprise Abby.
Now here we go again, you looking at me with those eyes again, teary eyes.
I want to know. I said touching his hands. Ok I will tell you later now we are at the Bakery.Fred said.
My Bestie ,I've got to go to the Bakery and check whether our orders are intact.
Ok dear.I alighted.
So the orders were intact.
Hmmmm,you know, time really changes. It's been a while now. Fred has been my friend since High school. We've been friends ever since. We  shared best and sad moments together eventhough we were in different schools.  From My friend,to my Bestie from bestie to Brother,to husband .Hmmm,levels of friendship to Marriage. I watched the clock as I observed, time  metamorphosed.
Seconds switched to minutes
Minutes to hours.
The preparation was getting tougher and tougher. Our gowns were ready. Bridesmaids ,Flower girls, my Chief bridesmaid, Charity. She's my younger Sister .The Wedding gown,the engagement was done last week. My Makeup artist was ready,Rooney.
Of course the next day came so quickly. The day for the so-called "Batchelors night"The day before that great day.
I really had fun with my colleagues. High school and College friends. I really had fun with them.
I was going to be so close to them for never.We did hilarious things.
Those" Homos night" stuffs, a night for freshers back in High school. We displayed some.Haaha these are now memories.
I recalled the stick  Sabina used for a microphone which hit her mouth.
Mercy's big cloth which loosed,Haaaha.
Reality was before me as I woke up that"Day".
Mom rushed in first,it's your Wedding day !! I ran and hugged her. She cried, I did too. She pushed me into the bathroom to take my bath.
Within an hour, here I was ,about to leave Home for good to commence mine. I grinned this time. But especially when Dad called, The groom has been waiting for decades.
Oh my God!! Today is actually Our day.
Marking the end of normality ,to begin familiarity and reality.
We got to the church. Merry making and wonderful decorations lit the place up.
I love someone, Fred whispered in my ears.
Who's that,I chipped in with a shaky tone. I felt a bit jealous.
Abby,forgive me.I did a great mistake at the Batchelors night. Fred scared me.
Wha.....what is it??Fred?
I slept with Adeline .I...I didn't know..
Jesus!!! Fred what came over you.
Tears rolled down my cheeks. I threw my hands at him. He came closer.
Fred! I trusted you.
But I still love you Abby...that's why I'm getting married to you. Fred said emotionally and I wa..want to...
You're a liar. I intruded.
Do you know Love??
Love never fails, Love is kind,Love suffers long, Love never hurts. Though Faith,Hope and Love endures, Love is the greatest and remains forever the Bible assures us.
He just smiled, playing with my cheeks.
I lied!! He said .

Lie,How could you.I hit him on the thigh.You know very well lies are bad. I was now relieved but wanted to scold him.
I

did this to test your love for me.He protested.
I fell on my knees laughing amidst tears.
Hey, you know I do love you. So stop those pranks.
You know Abby, I now grasp what the Word of God said,"That treat women as unto weaker vessels".
I'm not weak.I argued
But you just cried.I thank God for your soft heart dearie.Fred added.
Hey,my heart flipped.
"I do". My mind was somewhere else probably musing about what Fred told me Yesterday after the Batchelors night .
I do take Abby as my lovely wedded wife ,in life and in health............
The Priest stopped him to say it well since he seemed to be in a hurry charmed by my beauty mingle with love.
"In the name of God, I ,Fred Lawson  do take you, Margaret Abena Love to be my wife,to have and to hold you from this day forward for better, for worse,for richer,for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish you. As long as we both live. This is my solemn Vow.He ended with a smile.
It was my turn.Do you take Fred Lawson to be your lovely husband in the name of God?
I kept quiet looking around as if I wanted to say "No".Reading Fred's lips,whispering I do,I do to me.I winked at him.
Then I realized his eyes were filled with tears. I smiled, cleared my throat and said I do.Just as he had repeated his vows,I did.
Vows were done.The time he had always waited for was now.
I stood still like a doll.The Priest said you may ki........
Everyone was amazed. Parents covered the eyes of their little ones.The Priest ended his words with Fred!!!Before he stopped for 5 minutes.
He carried me as he had always wished. After all no one came against the Marriage. Neither Nelly nor Chris.
Fred yelled.
Mon meilleur amie, ma seule soeur est ma femme maintenant.Je t'aime Abby,trop.
That's to say in French my best friend, my only sister is now my wife.I love you much,Abby.
We left to the refreshment, my parents house. With my flower girls sprinkling flowers all over me.Abby my love he said,You are mine now. I smiled.
We danced and ate after changing clothes over and over again.
I just didn't notice "the guests ".They were departing to their various homes. Most of them left their gifts in the hall. They were leaving. I smiled, ran and hugged my family.
Fred joined and we laughed. They soon waved at us.
We were moving to our apartment. The new one Fred procured.
He drove fast to the place. His look changed as if he was ill.He began touching me as  we got home. He closed the gate.But left his car opened and carried me upstairs.
The room,oh my God,everywhere was decorated with candles and roses.
I was placed gently on the bed of roses. He undressed. I couldn't see explicitly through the dark decorations. I ran into the washroom as he showed me. But he followed me.
The moment I always feared was here.
Not that I didn't love him,but I'm really scared because I saw guys mercilessly slept with girls,most tried to hurt me but they couldn't do anything to me, all thanks be to God.