The Long Game

I know not very many people have read this, like right now, the count is twenty reads, but I hope the people have enjoyed this little labor of love I'm concocting.
I also hope, that what I'm trying to do is believable. I am very much liking the character of Lily, I hope she's being received well, and is believably someone the Doctor could fall for. I don't think the Doctor would fall in love so quickly or so easily, and if he did, I think he would try to deny himslef that possibility. But I also think, somethings happen despite his reluctance to show it.

Alright, Author Spew over,
Thanks for reading,
IThriveAtNight

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I slowly wake up, I realize I'm no longer in the library. As I stare at the beautiful ceiling, I take note that the Doctor must have found me and carried me to my room. He must have found me not too long after I fell asleep, because with everything that happened yesterday, I'm surprised to find that I feel well rested.

Reluctantly climbing out of the warmth of my bed, I drag myself into the bathroom, and try to figure out what I'm going to do with myself today.

Looking at the mess of curls around my face, I decide to fix them up a little. So as I wait for the curling iron to heat up, I brush my teeth and head back into my room to find what I'm going to wear.

I pull on some dark wash skinny jeans with rips in the thighs, a slouchy back v-neck and put a red flannel on over it. After slipping on my black combat boots, I head back into the bathroom and start to tame my curls a bit. I wrap my natural curl around the barrel of the curling iron, not to curl it, but to give the natural wave more definition.

When I finally get through, my long blonde locks look great, and I decide to put on just a little makeup. I put a natural tan color eye shadow on, and give myself a small cat-eye with my eyeliner; nothing too thick or long, just simple. And as always, loads of mascara.

After taking a quick look in the mirror I make my way to the console room, where Rose is trying to persuade the Doctor into helping her impress Adam.

"What would Mickey say, Rose? Knowing how hard you're trying to impress young mister Adam?" I taunt her as I walk up behind her, making her take a deliberate step back, and stomp on my toes.

"Ow! Uncalled for violence!" I say loudly, and only sort of joking.

"Uncalled for teasing!" She counters with a smile on her face, "Besides, I'm not trying to impress him for me, but just because he's said he's always wanted to get out and see the stars, I want him to enjoy it."

"And the Doctor impressing him simply wouldn't have the same effect." I say in a mockery of her voice, as I shimmy my chest at her a little, again teasing. She blushes at me and the Doctor burst out in laughter, making me giggle at myself; I forgot he would be able to see that.

Maybe making him laugh put him in a good mood, because he agrees to Rose, "Alright, I'll help you when we land."

Adam makes his way into the console room, making me chuckle and attempt to hide it under a cough, but it sounds more like I'm choking. Rose laughs at me, making Adam wonder what the hell is going on.

As we land, Rose rushes out the doors grabbing my hand as she goes. When the Doctor comes out he closes the door behind him and quickly explains as he takes in our surroundings, "So, its two hundred thousand, it's a spaceship- no wait a minute, space station, and uh, go and try that gate over there." He says as he points out the gate for her to walk towards before he takes my hand from Rose's grip, and tries to lean the both of us casually against the TARDIS.