Dalek

The next morning I'm jolted awake by a lurch from the TADRIS. I look around quickly only to find that I'm alone.

I get out of bed and quickly brush my teeth and hair. I don't have time to deal with it, so I leave my hair in the messy curls it acquired overnight. I throw on a pair of light wash skinny jeans with rips, and an over sized, light sweater with thick light green and white stripes, and a low pocket. I pull on brown combat boots-I may have multiple types of combat boots- and call it good.

I run to the console to find that Rose is already there and the Doctor is just about to open the doors, and we all pile out into a dim room, "What is it, what's wrong?" I question quickly.

"I don't know, some kind of signal drawing the TARDIS off course." He says as he looks around at our surrounding.

"Where are we?" I can only see by the light that's shining through glass boxes, holding a variety of different objects.

"Earth, Utah, North America, about half a mile underground." He tells us matter-of-factly.

"And uh, when are we?" Rose questions, and he says "2012."

"God, that's so close, I should be, twenty six." I make a small face as I realize, "I'm thirty." And Rose giggles slightly at my expression. And suddenly the lights come on over us, and what's easily distinguished as a museum, is lit up around us.

"It's a huge museum." I can't help but state the obvious.

"And alien museum," He corrects me, "someone has quite the hobby, they must have spent a fortune on all of this." He starts to walk around the place, pointing things as he seems them, "Chunks of meteorite, moon dust, that's the milometer from the Roswell Spaceship."

As we keep walking I see something that shocks me, "That's a bit of Slitheen! That's a Slitheen arm, it's been stuffed!"

The Doctor walks up to a display that holds a metal head, "Oh, look at you." As I walk over to him I ask, "What is it?"

"An old friend of mine- well, enemy, the stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit. I'm getting old."

"Is that where the signal's coming from?" Rose asks as she comes up behind me.

He shakes his head as he answers, "Nah, that's stone dead, the signals alive. Something's reaching out, calling for help." He reaches a hand out and taps the glass with a finger, and an alarm goes off.

"You just couldn't keep your hands to yourself, could you?" I sigh as people start to surround us.

Rose leans into me and whispers in my ear, "Well, you hope not." I choke, and turn away from the Doctor to hide my blush, and Rose tries to keep from laughing. When I finally get my face under control, I turn back around and the Doctor looks a bit flustered, I'm hoping it from how many people are around us and not that he heard Rose, but it's a long shot.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We're led by a curly red-head into an office, where a guy about Roses age is talking to an older man in a chair, "What does it do?" The older man asks as he's handed a small metal device.

"Well, you see the tubes on the side," The young man says, and I'm surprised to hear an English accent, "it must be to channel something, I think maybe fuel."

"I really wouldn't hold it like that." The Doctor tells them making the redhead say sternly, "Shut it." The Doctor looks towards her over my head, and I look to my left, at Rose on the other side of the Doctor.

"Really though, that's wrong." He tells her, before facing the sitting man again.

"Is it dangerous?" The younger guy asks, and the Doctor shakes his head as he says with a smile, "No, it just looks silly." And he reaches out to take the device, but guns are drawn on him. The man motions them down and hands the device to the Doctor.