Overprotective Illryan - Cassian

Cassian x reader 

Words: about 1.5k 

Warnings: cursing, Court of Nightmare (that is a warning itself), fluff Cass, flirty Rhys (in a friendly way) 

Author’s note: Hi! It’s been a while since I wrote something about the batboys. I thought about this as a oneshot, that I liked this too much so I decided to divide it into two parts, this is the first, the second will come out tomorrow. Hope that you like it.
P.s. Y/F is you father

_________________________________________

Ever since I joined the Inner Circle, I knew Cassian would be a problem. Rhysand had brought me into his court after saving me from the Nightmare Court. 

There was a huge celebration that night for the arrival of the High Lord, but there was nothing to celebrate for me. My family had decided a few weeks ago on the man I should marry, since I had recently had my bleeding. The fact was that I didn't want to, so I had tried to run away several times, but somehow the guards had always managed to catch me and bring me back to my family. 
That night my father wanted to ask for the blessing of the High Lord himself, since usually the delegate accepted the unions that are celebrated in the Court of Nightmares, but in this case since there was the sovereign himself, he wanted to ask him directly. 
He had dragged me along with him in front of Rhysand's throne, until we were at the most powerful man in the world. 

Y/F: "My High Lord,  I am here to ask you to accept the union between my daughter and the noble heir to the House of Black( shh I am not obsessed with Regulus Black ;) )" 

Rhysand looked me fixedly in the eye, I was on the ground as I still struggled and tried to escape from my father's grasp. I moved my lips, but didn't speak, so I only spoke words of help, with tears streaming down my cheeks stained with the ruined makeup my mother had forced me to wear, along with that uncomfortable dress. For a moment I saw compassion in those beautiful purple eyes, but immediately they shifted from me to my father. 

Rhysand: "No, I do not accept this union. Moreover, the girl will come with me to my court, where I believe she will find a better companion than the heir to the Black family. Now if you will excuse me, I have business to attend to in my court. Come on girl, move along." 

I get up from the ground and nod as Rhysand removes my father's hand from my arm, which by now was all red from the force with which it was gripped. Wiping away my tears, the High Lord  puts his arm around my waist and leads me outside, as I can still hear my father's protests echoing behind us from when the man next to me had pronounced my sentence. Rhysan gestures with his hand without even turning around, and immediately instead of the screams from before, I hear cries of pain and I can't help but smile at the fact. 

Rhysand: "What is your name my dear?"- asks calm and gentle in my ear the Overlord as we exit the throne room. 

Y/N: "Y/N, my lord" 

Rhysand: " Well, Y/N you don't have to worry about your family anymore,"- he says kissing my cheek where I knew there was a bruise left from a slap from my father a few days before- " you are safe now, and call me Rhysand please, you are part of the family now." 
______________________________

Rhysand always told me that he had seen a special force in my eyes, more powerful than his power and more powerful than anything else in the world: hope. 
In my eyes was the hope that I would live the life I wanted, the certainty that I would escape, and he had been able to do nothing but make me fulfill my destiny. 
That evening when we returned to the Court of Dreams, I had met the rest of the family. Immediately Mor and I bonded with each other over our similar life story. Amren had welcomed me with "open arms" as well, with what can only be described as a look that would set someone on fire, which is a good thing according to Rhysand since if she didn't like me she would have really set me on fire. I quickly found a dear friend in Azriel, though so quiet and reserved, who had told me that if I needed someone to talk to, he was always available. 

Then I saw Cassian, the most handsome man I had ever seen in my life, as well as one of the kindest and funniest. He had immediately offered to go and beat up anyone who hurt me, but when he had seen that I wasn't quite ready to talk about that he had started joking around and talking about funny stories that happened when he, Az and Rhys were boys. He had made me forget everything and at that moment I knew it was going to be a big deal. 

As soon as I got out of that hellhole I had called home for so long, before Rhysand moved us into his house on the river I promised myself that I would never fall in love with a man, since the last one who had promised me his love for eternity had run away as soon as my father had threatened him a little, after deciding that I would marry the Black heir, leaving me to be beaten by my own family and to suffer alone. But dammit the General and Commander of the Night Court's armies had turned all my plans upside down. 
________________________________
Like every usual week, today we gathered at the wind house for our family dinner. I just arrived with Mor, while the three batboys are already seated at the table, intent on eating some appetizers that the house made appear for them. 

Mor: "I'm glad to see that you guys waited for us, thank you." 

Rhysand: "Actually we weren't waiting for you cousin, we were waiting for Amren, you know how she gets mad if we don't wait for her. Y/N, how did the meeting with the northern tribes go?" 

Y/N: "Good, they almost killed me, but it went well. The council wasn't happy with me attending though, instead of you." 

Rhysand: "Let them get over it, it's a thousand times better that you went, I would have been bored and not listening to anything. Besides I sent you because I knew a pretty girl would certainly convince them more than me."

I snort smiling at the stupid words spoken by my friend, as I sit between Cassian and Azriel, while Mor takes a seat next to Rhysand who is in front of me. Cassian turns to me with a confused and worried expression, not before giving his brother a dirty look. 

Cassian: "Didn't you tell me about this mission? Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" 

Rhysand: "Brother, calm down or people will think you fell in love with her"-he says winking at me. Asshole. The guy in front of me has always known about the huge crush I have on the general next to me, and he doesn't miss a chance to tease me a little. Azriel laughs under his breath at the scene in front of him; he too knows of my feelings for the long-haired Illryan, but unlike Rhysand his jokes aren't expected, and they come at the most "compromising" moments; for example, the last time I trained with them, Cassian and I ended up doing hand-to-hand training, eventually falling on top of each other, and Az had said something like to get a room, rather than do certain things in public... I've never felt my cheeks blush so much in such a short amount of time. Cassian, however, ignores his brother's words and continues to look at me waiting for a response. 

Y/N: "I'm fine Cas, don't worry, I just have a little cut on my arm, but nothing serious really."- I say showing him my arm, which he takes and examines carefully and then says. 

Cassian: "Let's call Madja tomorrow to take a look at it." 

Y/N: "Cassian it's a little cut! No one has ever died from a little cut!" 

Cassian: "I don't care, let's call Madja tomorrow." 

Y/N: "Ahh how I hate you Illryans and your super protective instincts." 

Cassian: "Sorry honey I care about you." 

My heart flutters in my chest at his words, my ears plug and the only thing I hear repeated in my mind is the last sentence he said. I try to suppress a silly little smile that forms on my lips as my friends continue to talk. 
I only return to the conversation they are having after I hear Rhysand utter what sounds like my death sentence. 

Rhysand: "Y/N, we have to go to the Nightmare Court. I'm sorry but you have to come too.