The librarian - Azriel

Words: about 1.2k

Warning: Nothing, just a hateful woman, and bad writing (I'm sorry for the eventual errors) 

Author's notes: Hi! This is the first chapter of three, the others will come out tomorrow. Hope you like it!
_____________________________________

Become a librarian, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. Maybe it is, but not when you have to argue for two hours, because you couldn’t find a book that doesn’t exist since she gave you the wrong title. 

Today started well. I woke up when the sun was starting to shine behind the mountain. 
My cat was still asleep on the covers as I found the strength to get up. With a smile on my face, a few minutes later I was doing the usual things I do every morning: I washed up, ate my cookies from my favorite bakery with a light tea, and got dressed to go to work. 

Ever since I was little I have loved the job of librarian, and when I finally became one when I grew up I was overjoyed. 
I've always loved books and the magic behind them, stories of love, betrayal, adventure; thanks to them I've had and continue to have wonderful journeys, capable of moving you, making you cry and laugh, making you angry and cheering you up. 
I always liked the idea of writing something myself, but I didn't believe in myself enough to do it. 

After getting ready, I headed out, taking my cat with me, heading to my bookstore. It is located in the Rainbow area; of all the stores, mine is one of the oldest. It was owned by an old lady to whom I had been an assistant for many years, and who, once she decided to retire, left me the store as a gift. 
Like every morning some of the owners of the stores next to mine passed by to greet me, as soon as they opened the store, some stopping to talk about their latest readings, books that I had often recommended to them or that I had lent them a few days earlier. 
After an hour the first customers started to arrive and everything seemed to be going well, when that obnoxious lady came in.

I was humming my favorite song when she walked in, and immediately she coughed to get my attention so she could get my attention. I turned around and saw her face, and immediately knew there was going to be trouble. 

Y/N: " Do you need anything?" 

X (I'm so sorry, but I don't really have an idea how to call her): " Yes, I would like to find a book. I hope you have it, all the bookstores I went to didn't have it."- she said in such an obnoxious tone that I wanted to say no, just because of how much she was already on my mind, but I put on a fake smile and answered her:

Y/N: "I'll do my best." 

She had told me the title of the book, and I immediately realized that I had never heard of it so I doubted I would find it, but seeing as how the client had introduced herself I tried to look it up anyway. In my search I had found a very similar title, and I immediately thought it might be that she had been mistaken, but when I tried to tell her she started yelling at me, insulting me. Immediately I responded to her, and that led to the discussion that is still going on now. 

X: "You little girl are calling me stupid, you are telling me that I don't know the title of the book I am looking for. How dare she! You are stupid."

Y: "Actually you are just doing your job, and she is insulting you for something you did wrong. Now you better apologize and leave and don't ever come back to this girl, or I will find out and believe me, I am not good with people like you."- says suddenly someone who came in, which I didn't notice before. 
At that moment I see a guy at the door.  
He is the most handsome man I have ever seen.  His brown hair falls delicately on his forehead and partially hides two beautiful green eyes that resemble those of a forest, deep but intriguing. Full lips form a straight line, which along with his expression instills awe. He has two huge bat wings, and wears a suit studded with seven blue gems that glow like the sky. Shadows surround him, making him look like some deity with infinite powers who could kill you just by looking at you. 

The woman, seeing who the threat came from, didn't say anything and in less than a couple of seconds she was out of the bookstore. 

Y/N: "Thank you very much, I couldn't take it anymore."- I say to the guy who has now approached the counter of the store, studying my cat. 

Y: "You're welcome, I hate people who treat other people badly for no reason. I'm Azriel, by the way."- he replies petting my pet. I am fascinated by that scene. Usually my cat hates to be touched by other people, but he seems more than comfortable to be cuddled by this stranger. 

Y/N: "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." 

Azriel: "The pleasure is all mine."- he says looking up at me. Immediately I blush under those beautiful eyes staring back at me, and I feel butterflies fly in my stomach like there's a tornado. 

Y/N: "So, is there anything I can do for you?" - I ask, trying to change the subject. 

Azriel: " Actually yes, there is something you could do. I have a gift to give to a good friend of mine who loves books like crazy and so I was thinking of giving her one, but I have no idea what it might be." 

Y/N: "What genres does she like?" 

Azriel: "She likes romantic books, she would read tons of them." 

Y/N: "Well then I have some suggestions, come on I'll show you." 

Without realizing it we spend hours talking about anything that comes to mind, and immediately I feel like I'm talking to a friend I've known my whole life. At first I would have said Azriel wasn't a talker, however, he proved otherwise. We laughed and talked, as he walked around the store with my cat in his arms cuddling him and I showed him every book I could think of, making jokes and discussing our favorite books. 

Azriel: "Damn, it's late. I'm sorry, I have to go or my brothers will kill me." 

Y/N: "Oh, no worries. Thank you so much for the chat, it was nice talking to you. Here's your book." -I say handing him the book he finally chose as a gift for his friend. 

Azriel: "Thank you very much. And thanks for the talk too. I'll definitely be back." 

Y/N: "Oh yeah?!"- I say playfully. 

Azriel: "Of course I do, why wouldn't I come back to my favorite bookstore?" 

Y/N: " Your favorite bookstore? Even?"

Azriel: "Of course it is, how could it not be my favorite bookstore since it has such a beautiful and funny owner."- she says, winking at me, making me blush, and then disappearing into thin air quickly. 

Well in the end it's not so bad being a librarian, even with the obnoxious ladies, if you meet someone like Azriel after them.