Chapter 19- Grocery Trip

Writer~San: This art? Complete levels of cute and adorable. The artist did such good work, congrats to them! (>w<) Anyways, enough of me talking! Enjoy the next chapter!!! *vanishes*
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip Two Days~)

"Slept for two days? Wow.. I'm sorry." Honey apologizes. I smile at him, teasing, "I'm actually glad that you're such a deep sleeper. I did absolutely horribly with carrying you back to bed. Maybe dropped ya once- Are you sure you're feeling okay?" He wheezes at my joke, covering over his eyes with one arm, "No you didn't."

"It's in the past now." I say, laying myself down beside him. Papyrus laughs some more, turns onto his side, and wraps his arms around me. Then, taking it a step further, he pulls me closer to him, "Thank you for taking care of me.. That wasn't supposed to be part of the plan."

"It's no problem. You know I love you, right?" "I could never forget it. You made me the luckiest skeleton alive." He replies, coming forward and kissing my forehead.

I let out a breath of relief and hug him in an effort to calm my nerves and hide my tears. I can't let him know how terrified I actually was. Every minute was a torturous battle of convincing myself that he would wake up eventually. The fever got so horrible for him. There were several times that I thought about calling an ambulance because I was so scared it'd kill him.

Sadly, I can't hide my voice quivering as I mutter, "Please, don't ever let me go." He cups his hand around my cheek, gently wiping away my tears and gazing into my eyes, "Never in a million years."

(~Time Skip A Few More Days~)

"Y/N." I jerk awake, feeling Honey's hands grab my shoulders. "Why are you out of bed?" I quietly ask, turning back to him. "I smelled something burning." He sighs, grabbing the smoking pan from my hands and putting it aside, "Why aren't you sleeping? Maybe I should order takeout and we can cook dinner another time.." I shake my head, smirking, "I'm good. Sorry, I just lost focus for a second."

'I am.. so tired..'

"Y/N-" "Ah, wait-.... This batch is trashed and I'm out of salt. Crap.. To the store then." I interrupt, walking away to find my purse.

(~Honey's POV~)

I'm very worried for her. I admit that I haven't been able to leave my room much, but I've noticed. I've noticed her skipping meals. I've noticed Y/N having more sleepless nights. Most of all, I've noticed her anxiety continue to rise.

I thought I could stop this from happening. I thought things would be different for her. However, despite my best efforts, N/N's starting to act like my brother. She's kept me in the room for most of the time, repeating the same things about it being for my health.

'Why? Why can't I just...'

Stressed out myself, I take a deep breath and rub my eyes.

'What now? What am I doing wrong now?'

It's still not too late for me to say something. But if I do, how is Y/N going to take it? Will she overreact and refuse to listen? Will she be offended and our relationship breaks because of it? The easy way to handle this is to stay silent like I did with Sans. She'd still love me, but at what cost?

Y/N passes by me, grabbing her keys off the counter, "I'll be back." "N/N, wait." I grab her sleeve, stopping her. She turns to me with a small smile, "Don't worry, Papyrus. I won't be gone long." "Take me with you. Please."

The smile slowly disappears from her face as she stares at me. "It's been a long time since we went somewhere together. I know this won't be anything special or a long errand, but I still want to come. If we want to go on that nice second date without me getting sick, we have to start with something small, right?" I offer, petting her head.