Chapter 18- He's Hiding

(~Your POV + Time Skip~)

I'm rudely awaken by my blanket being ripped away from me. It's still pitch black in my room, meaning that it's way too early. Period. End of story. I fully expect this to be my dashing boyfriend waking me up this early for some crazy prank or joke he's spent two weeks preparing for. I whine and cover my face with my pillow, "Pap, what are you doing..?"

The response I hear is a growl. I sit straight up, my heart nearly jumping out of my chest.

'Okay, that's not funny-'

It's not Papyrus, but his blaster instead. It's floating at the end of my bed, waiting impatiently. It's eye sockets are wide awake, not budging in the slightest. His pupils are glowing brightly, filled with a fierce orange flame. "Buddy, it's very late. I'm not taking you outside." I state, taking the blanket back from him.

It suddenly gets more aggressive, growling louder. Before I could think, it flies forward and puts my arm in its massive jaws, tugging me forward. He didn't bite down fully but I surely wasn't going to give him the chance to either. Within mere seconds, I scream in a loud scolding manner to intimidate him. At the same time, quickly pulling away from him and leaping out of bed to put as much space between us as possible.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?!" I shout. Instead of pursuing me further, he hardcore flinches and backs away from me. My intimidation plan definitely worked. I will be respected, especially when it comes to bringing sharp teeth near my limbs.

I stay quiet, backing myself into the corner to observe him. It zips around the room, continuously growling and huffing at me like those lions on nature documentaries. When I make it clear that I'm not allowing this behavior, staying exactly where I am and not acknowledging him; it starts to grow even more desperate. He starts harshly scraping himself against the walls and my furniture.

The longer I watch, the more time my mind is given to wake up fully and assess the situation. I check my phone, it's nearly 4 AM. I've never seen it act like this before, even when there's the occasional thunderstorm or construction outside. Certainly, it wouldn't be freaking out this bad without a proper reason.

It wasn't trying to hurt me. It's not being aggressive either.

'He's anxious, distressed even..'

If he's gotten all the way to this top high level of anxiety within a sudden amount of time, that can only mean one thing. "Hey, hey- shhh.. I'm sorry for getting mad." I apologize, approaching it with caution. I firmly pull him away from the walls or he would end up hurting himself further.

It nuzzles into my side for consolation, letting out low croons and growls of distress. Calmly stroking his muzzle, I command, "Bring me to Papyrus."

The command immediately clicked with him as he sped out of my room. I followed him, having worries and anxieties of my own.

I only had to step out of my bedroom to see Pap's blaster right at the bathroom door. Deep scratches have already been carved into it, damaging the paint and maybe even the structure of the door itself. I assume the blaster had done this in a frenzied attempt to get in before coming to me.

'I'll deal with that later.'

I take a few steps forward. With a sigh, I lean on the doorframe and make sure to pick a smooth spot to knock, "Honey? Pap, you in there?" I don't get an answer, so I quickly peer into his bedroom. The door's already open. Besides, his bedroom's on the other side of the bathroom so it wasn't that difficult to check.