Chapter - 23

Y/N sighed as she approached the door and knocked, the anticipation building rapidly. After a moment, the door creaked open, revealing Taehyung standing there, his chest bare and a look of surprise on his face.

"Yeah- What do you- Y/N?" Taehyung exclaimed in shock as he recognized it was Y/N standing in front of him, his eyebrows furrowing slightly at the unexpected encounter.

Y/N's breath caught in her throat as she took in the sight of his toned physique, his muscles glistening under the soft lighting of his room. Her mind went blank for a moment, unable to process the overwhelming attraction she felt in that instant.A flush of heat crept up her neck as she struggled to form coherent words.

"Um- yeah, it's me. Now, move out of the way," she said, mustering up some determination and pushing Taehyung slightly to the side as she made her way inside. However, her boldness was short-lived as her gaze fell upon another guy lying on one of the beds, his eyes widening in surprise as he quickly covered his chest with a nearby sheet.

"Oh, God," Y/N breathed, her exhaustion palpable as she found herself once again in the presence of half-naked men. The awkwardness of the situation lingered in the air, leaving her feeling flustered and overwhelmed by the unexpected sight before her.

"Just- put s-some clothes on, you two," she stammered, her cheeks burning as she averted her gaze from the half-dressed men in the room.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked, hastily pulling on his shirt as he tried to make sense of Y/N's unexpected visit.

"About the killer. I need your help," Y/N said, her voice regaining some composure as she took a seat on a nearby chair, her eyes finally meeting Jimin's as she explained the urgency of her mission.

"What help? Y/N, for God's sake, it's dang-" Taehyung began, his confusion evident as he tried to process Y/N's sudden plea for assistance.

"I know, but hear me out. If Jennie ssi won't survive, the next victim is Ryujin ssi," Y/N interjected, her voice urgent as she revealed the dire consequences of inaction.

"Huh? How are you so sure?," Jimin asked, his eyebrows furrowed in disbelief as he searched for answers.

"That's what I-" Y/N was interrupted by the shrill ring of her phone, causing her to pause mid-sentence and answer the call.

"Hello?" Y/N answered the caller, her voice slightly strained with anticipation.

"What is it, Yuna?" tension evident in her voice as she waited for a response.

"What?!" Y/N exclaimed, shock and concern evident in her tone as she processed the news delivered on the other end of the line.

"Ok," Y/N said quietly, the weight of the conversation settling in as she ended the call, her mind racing with thoughts of what needed to be done to prevent any further harm.

"What happened?" Jimin asked, his voice filled with concern as he watched Y/N's reaction to the phone call.

"Jennie ssi is dead," she replied quietly, her words hanging heavy in the air as the reality of the situation sank in.

"Y/N, what's this?" Taehyung inquired, holding out the locket that had fallen from her pocket during the phone call, catching her off guard.

"Oh, I got it from the killer. There's a photo of a girl in it," she explained, her voice tinged with a mixture of dread and determination. Taehyung carefully opened the locket to reveal the photo inside, his expression somber as he took in the image before him.

"No way..." Taehyung trailed off, his voice barely above a whisper, disbelief coloring his words as he stared at the photo in the locket.

"What?" Y/N asked, her confusion evident as she tried to grasp the gravity of the situation unfolding before her.