Chapter - 12

One week had flown by since the awkward incident with Jungkook, and Y/N made it her mission to steer clear of him whenever she could. She would dart into nearby classrooms or pretend to be intensely focused on her phone as he passed by, avoiding any potential confrontation. The tension between them was palpable, like a thick fog hanging in the air.

On the flip side, her relationship with Taehyung had morphed into something akin to frenemies. Their interactions were like a carefully choreographed dance of jabs and snide remarks, each trying to outdo the other. "You really need to work on your aim, Y/N," Taehyung would tease, smirking as he playfully tossed a pencil in her direction. Y/N would roll her eyes but couldn't hide the hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Their banter had taken on a new energy, crackling with playful hostility that kept both of them on their toes. It was a strange dynamic, one that neither could fully explain but secretly relished in. As they exchanged sly grins and witty retorts, it was clear that their frenemy status was here to stay, adding a dash of excitement to their interactions.

Y/N walked through the bustling corridor, immersed in the pages of her book. Suddenly, she collided with a solid chest, causing her to look up in surprise. Her gaze met Jungkook's, his doe eyes filled with a hint of guilt. Before she could say anything, he reached out and gently grabbed her hand, his tone soft as he spoke.

"Can we talk for a moment, Y/N?" he asked, his eyes searching hers.

Avoiding his gaze, Y/N hesitated before replying, "Um... I'm sorry, Jungkook ssi. But I'm really busy." She attempted to pull her hand away, but Jungkook's grip remained firm, silently pleading for a chance to speak.

-

Taehyung and Jimin strolled into the bustling hall, their laughter filling the air as they shared a joke. However, Taehyung's cheerful expression quickly soured as he caught sight of Jungkook standing next to Y/N, holding her hand. Jealousy flared within him, fueling his sudden impulse.

"Good morning, Y/N ssi~" Taehyung sang before swiftly reaching out to snatch the decorative hair clip pinned in her hair. With a mischievous grin, he darted away, leaving Y/N bewildered and Jungkook looking on in surprise.

Y/N's hair cascaded over her face as Taehyung snatched the hair clip from her hair, leaving her stunned. "Yah, Taehyung ssi! Give it back!" she yelled, a mix of annoyance and amusement in her voice as she spun around and chased after him.

The hall erupted into laughter as onlookers watched the playful chase unfold. Y/N and Taehyung weaved through the crowd, their laughter echoing off the walls as they ran circles around each other. The lighthearted scene brought smiles to the faces of those watching, turning the normally bustling hall into a playground filled with joy and mischief.

-

Yoongi was focused on trimming the bushes when he was startled by Y/N and Taehyung rushing past him, causing him to jump in surprise. "Yah! This garden is not for you two to play," he scolded, his voice firm but laced with amusement.

"Sorry~" Y/N and Taehyung sang in unison, their laughter trailing behind them as they hurried away from the scene. Yoongi shook his head, a hint of annoyance on his face at their antics.

"Kids these days," he murmured to himself before returning to his gardening, the echoes of their laughter lingering in the air.

Yoongi tried to refocus on his work, but his concentration was shattered once more as he noticed a pair of legs approaching. With a deep breath, he closed his eyes, steeling himself for the interruption.

"Kid! Why don't you just clean those shoes before walking on the grass?" he asked, annoyance filled in his voice.

"Oh, sorry," the figure replied sheepishly, their gaze dropping to their dirty shoes. Yoongi let out a resigned sigh, shaking his head as he watched the individual scurry off to remedy the situation.