Chapter - 15

Ryujin's footsteps echoed throughout her dimly lit room as she paced back and forth, her nerves frayed and her heart racing with each step. The soft glow of her desk lamp flickered, casting shifting shadows that danced along the walls as she tried to make sense of the chaos that had enveloped her world.

Ryujin paced back and forth in her room, her mind spinning with confusion and fear. "First, Irene eonnie, now Sehun oppa. What's happening here?" she yelled out, her voice trembling with a mix of disbelief and fear, as she nervously bit her nails.

"Just calm down, Ryujin-" Soobin began, attempted to provide a sense of comfort, but Ryujin's mind was a whirlwind of emotions, her thoughts spiraling out of control.

But Ryujin cut him off, her emotions running high. "Calm down? CALM DOWN? Soobin-ah, two of our friends are dead and you are telling me to calm down?" she exclaimed, her frustration and grief palpable in her voice as she struggled to make sense of the tragic events unfolding around them.

As the tension filled the room, the door swung open, and another girl stepped inside, her expression mirroring the confusion and distress that filled the atmosphere. With a stern tone, she scolded, "Will you two lower your voices?" She swiftly closed the door behind her and settled onto the edge of the bed, the weight of uncertainty etched on her face.

Spotting her, Ryujin's eyes widened with relief, and she hurriedly moved towards the newcomer, finding solace in her presence. She sat down beside her, seeking comfort and support in the midst of the turmoil. Soobin, on the other hand, opted for the nearby chair, silently observing the interaction.

"Jennie eonnie," Ryujin whispered, her voice tinged with both desperation and a glimmer of hope.

Confusion clouded Jennie's features as she looked at Ryujin, unable to comprehend the urgency in her voice. "What?" she asked, her brows furrowing as she sought clarification.

Ryujin's desperation grew, the weight of her emotions evident in her plea. "Do you remember Sooya?" she implored, hoping to jog Jennie's memory and find some answers amidst the chaos.

Jennie's expression turned more quizzical as she tried to make sense of the connection. "What about her?" she asked, her confusion deepening.

Weariness tinged Soobin's voice as he couldn't help but interject, "Not again, Ryujin-ah. We've already discussed this," his annoyance palpable.

Ignoring Soobin's protest, Ryujin continued, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and uncertainty. "What if it's her-"

"Just stop it already, Ryujin-ah," he interrupted, his frustration evident as he brushed a hand over his face, trying to regain his composure amidst the overwhelming situation.

Jennie's eyes widened in disbelief as she struggled to process Ryujin's words. "What are you two talking about?" she asked, her voice filled with a mixture of apprehension and confusion.

Ryujin's voice trembled as she tried to articulate her unsettling theory. "Eonnie, just think. What if Sooya is the one who killed-" Her words were cut off abruptly by Jennie's interjection.

"Woah, hold up. What? She is dead," Jennie exclaimed, her voice tinged with disbelief as she rejected the possibility.

Ryujin's panic escalated, her words stumbling out as she desperately tried to convey her certainty. "No. I don't think so... it- it's her. I am sure-" Her voice trailed off, the weight of her suspicion hanging heavily in the air, leaving them all grappling with the unsettling revelation.

Soobin's voice rose, desperation evident in his tone as he shook Ryujin, trying to break through the grip of her escalating panic. "Ryujin, RYUJIN," he urged, his grip firm yet gentle.