Chapter Three

I heard knocks on the door as soon as he left, I grabbed sweat pants and tied my hair back before I ran downstairs to see who it was. I opened it to see Roc standing there looking worried. I let him in and he sat on the stairs. "What happened Prince?" He looked at me as he took his SnapBack off, "Well, he came over and found beat me." I said trying to get his mind off it. "Yeah, but I heard you screaming over the phone?" "He owns me Roc! I couldn't do anything about it I would have gotten it even worse." I explained to him. "He made me have sex with him. I have to call him Daddy, I have to please him, I have to do good in school or else he is going to get me." I started to cry but I ran to the bathroom to cry, I sat on the sink and cried into tissue that I had grabbed. Shortly Roc came in and hugged me. "Prince I am sorry, I didn't know I'm new to this." "It's okay Roc, I just want to die." I said, "No Prince please don't say that, things will get better you just have to have faith in God," I looked up at him and threw my arms around his neck. "Okay," I said "I will" I got up from the sink and we walked out the bathroom, finding ourselves holding hands. I looked down and unlinked our hands, he didn't seem to mind it though.

In the car he started messing with the radio changing it, "Where are we going again?" He said. "To the city, I have to pick my brother up from his after school program." "You didn't tell me you had a little brother" he said looking shocked, "You didn't ask." He laughed and we continued our way to pick my brother up.

When we reached our destination, I asked him "You want to stay in or come in with me?" He looked around at the neighborhood, "I'm coming with you," we got out the car and I made sure I locked my doors, twice. We walked through the parking lot hearing nothing but silence. We made it to the front door and automaticity heard noisy children. I went up to the front desk to sign out Alex, "One moment, I'm going to see if he's in Arts and Crafts." The lady walked from behind her desk and walked into the hallway, "I am hungry!" Roc said holding onto is stomach, "Wanna go out to eat? I got my bank card on me." I said, "Where to?" "You pick, boss" I looked at him and smiled, "I wanna sit down and eat. Do you think your little brother would mind us sitting down and eatting?" He said leaning against the desk. "Yeah, I always take him out" the lady came back with my brother and his backpack. "You had a good day Alex?" I asked him. "Yes, but where is mommy?" He asked sounding anxious to know, "She's at work, she's going to be coming home late tonight." I said signing the paper. He turned and looked at Roc, "Who are you?" Roc chuckled a bit, "I'm Roc," Alex looked at me as we were walking, "Are you my brudders friend?" "Yep!" Roc said looking at me, I couldn't help but cheese at the fact he said that. "Are you my friend too?" He said, "Yeah, you can be my buddy!" I saw Alex grip onto Rocs hand and they started to hold hands together, "How old are you Alex?" Roc said as we got into the car. "I'm I'm I'm 6 ina hav, but my birthday is coming soon and ima be 7, then 8, then 9, then ima be 10" "Okay Alex!" I cut him off, "Prince that was mean," I didn't care, he was staring to be annoying. "Alex, what do you want to eat?" Roc said, "I want Denny's! They have chicken nuggets and French fries, and soda and chocolate milk and everything!" "I guess it's Denny's then," we let Alex talk and sing until we arrived at Denny's.

Alex quickly grabbed Rocs hand and we all walked into Denny's. We sat down at a booth, I sat by myself; Roc and Alex sat next to each other. I eyed the menu already knowing what I wanted. "Alex, do you know what you want?" "Chicken strips and French fries." He said, "Oh can I have a soda tonight Prince? Pleaaaaseee! I won't wet the bed!" "Yeah, you can." The waitress came over to us and started off with drinks. "Lemonade," Roc said, "A sprite!" Alex said, "I'll take Apple Juice please," I said, "Can you mix water and sprite for him please? I don't want him to be hyper." The waitress nodded her head, and took off to go get out drinks.

I saw a nice looking black boy with blonde in his hair come into the restaurant. Oh my god, that's Prodigy! I buried my face into my phone hoping I wouldn't give him eye contact. Our waitress came back with our drinks and gave them to us. "You guys ready to order?"