2.9

"Yo you heard about Professor Milgram offing herself bro? She took the easy way out

"Yo you heard about Professor Milgram offing herself bro? She took the easy way out." Imani said and I just shook my head.

"I mean the lady was about to lose her job and be looked at as a predator for sleeping Zeke so I guess she couldn't live with that." I shrugged

"That's crazy, how do you think your brother is feeling about it?" I rolled my eyes

"Seeing how we found out our aunt is actually our mother and he's actually 23, and this shit with Carrie is just the icing on the cake for him." We were walking around campus since the class was canceled.

"Have you heard from him?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah he called to check if I was good with everything and he said he's gonna go talk to his dad, Monet has been blowing up his and mine phone but neither of us is answering. She should've just told us from jump."

"Okay let's stop talking about this, stress is not good for the baby. Have you thought of any names yet?" I laughed

"Nini I'm still just 2 months, I have enough time to think about names and, too much shit going on so I haven't had the time to think about it forreal." My phone went off and saw that Dru texted me.

"I gotta go Ni, Dru asked me to come over." She gave me a hug

"Alright be careful and drive safe, I don't need you hurting my godbaby." I playfully rolled my eyes, that girl I swear.

•••

"Hey T, how you feelin'?" I shrugged, walking into the house.

"I'm alright Dru, yo mama not here right?" I asked and he gave me a look.

"She ya mama too y'know?" I shook my head

"Nah she yo blood not mine, not at this moment at least." I said, sitting down on the couch.

"She's been asking for you." I sucked my teeth, rolling my eyes.

"I don't wanna see her and hear more lies come of her mouth Dru, a lifetime of lies. This whole time we were siblings, think we were cousins. Do you know how fucked up that sounds? All this time I was saying that I only had Zeke but you, Cane, Diana... you guys were my full-blood siblings and yeah, Zeke will always be full-blood in my eyes no matter what. But it hurts y'know? Did she not want me as her daughter for her to label me as her niece?" Dru sat next to me and pulled me into his arms.

"I don't know why she did what she did but you'll always have us." He said placing a kiss on my head.

"D-dru I have to tell you but you can't tell anyone." He looked at me confused but nodded.

"Of course T, what's up?" I took a deep breath

"I'm-" I was cut off by a yell and glass smashing, Dru and I shared a look before heading upstairs. I saw Diana come out of her room and followed us to her father's room. Dru opened the door cautiously and we noticed how trashed the room looked.