2.5

"So what? He's just not a suspect anymore? Just like that?" I asked Monet who insisted that I pass by the house so we talk

"Yeah and I warned that teacher bitch to stay away from me and Zeke." I shook my head.

"Why would you go to her at all Monet? You finna make shit worse." I said sighing.

"I told Cane to dig up Ramirez's body." My head snap towards her

"Why the hell would you tell him to do that?" I asked

"So Zeke wouldn't be a suspect anymore Trinity!" She exclaimed

"And what about Cane?"

"If they trace it by to him, that's his own fault. No one told him to go pull that shit. I told him that shit too. " I face palm

"Monet, are you serious right now?! Cane gets on my nerves just like the next person but that's your fucking son! Why would you tell him that? You know how he acts when you don't have his back. Anything that happens is on you, you steady blaming everyone else but yourself!" Smack!My head turned to the side while my right cheek was stinging. I chuckled humorlessly as I turned my head back to her, seeing that she was glaring at me.

"Listen here little girl, don't you ever talk to me that way! You hear me?" I rolled my eyes

"You're not my mother, I don't have to listen to you. You never wanna hear the truth because you can't handle the truth Monet. And that's what makes you weak and that's what's gonna make you fall. Just you wait." I said walking out.
•••
I walked into class, dropping myself into a seat next to Imani. I made sure my hair was covering my cheek since I didn't have time to cover it up with makeup.

"Hey girly, what's up? You good?"she asked and I gave her a fake smile.

"Uh yeah, of course. Why?" She studied me

"Something just seems off with you today." I grabbed hold of her hand and gave a squeeze.

"I'm okay Nini okay? I promise."

"Alright if you say so. Your boo is walking in." She said pointing towards the door and I turned to see Tariq walking over to sit next to me.

"Hey Ma." He went to move my hair behind my ear but I grabbed his hand, intertwining it with mine and placed a small kiss on it.

"Hey 'Riq, you ready for tomorrow?" I asked

"Yeah, I wanna thank you again for everything you did to help me. Seriously Ma, I appreciate it so much." He told me

"I already told you babe, I'd do anything for you and for my pretty girl." He pecked my lips before looking over at Imani.

"Yo, what's good Imani?" She smiled

"Nothin' Tariq, all good over here. I decided I'm not gonna pay yo dumbass friend any mind because he's wasting my time." She said making him laugh.

"That's Brayden for you but next time you take my girl anywhere she ain't suppose to be, we gonna fight." I watched between the two bickering with each other, highly amused. Professor Milgram and Tate walked into the class, something had to be wrong with Miss Carrie because girl was writing on the board mad aggressively. She wrote karma on the board before turning to us, getting class started. Imani leaned in towards me.