2.7

"Trinity are you okay? Do I need to get Imani?" I heard Yas asked with worry in her voice. I couldn't answer since I was throwing up everything I ate that day. I felt someone rubbing my back and I glanced back to see Imani standing there, looking concerned.

"Do you want me to call Tariq?" She asked and I shook my head. I groaned as she helped me walk to the sink. I washed my face before brushing my teeth, I looked at Yas through the mirror and gave her a small smile.

"Pretty girl, I'm okay. You can go back to sleep." She came over and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Promise?" I chuckled and nodded.

"I promise." She nodded and headed to her room. Imani gave me a look as I finished brushing my teeth.

"How long have you been throwing up Trin?" Imani asked

"What time is it?" I asked after rinsing my mouth.

"It's like 3 in the morning." "Since 10 o'clock." She looked at me shocked.

"Why didn't you call me?" She questioned while looking at me like I'm stupid.

"I didn't want to bother you Nini, it's fine and I'm fine. It's probably something I ate, don't worry about me aight? Now come on, we gotta wake up in a couple hours." She looked me over before sighing.

"Fine, if you feel sick again... please let me know." I smiled at her softly

"I will Nini, go to sleep." She struck her tongue out at me and walked out. My smiled dropped when she was out of sight and I turned to the bottom drawer in my bathroom and stared at it. I shook my head before heading to bed.
•••

"Did you tell Tariq about you being sick all night?" Imani asked as we walked into class

"No, and he doesn't need to know... I'm better now so please Nini, don't tell him." I pleaded to her and she studied me for a few seconds.

"Okay I won't but you need to tell me what's going on Trin, and the truth." She said walking to her seat and I sighed, following after her. I sat down just as Tariq walked in, Carrie looked like she was about to shit her pants. I also noticed Lauren staring at Tariq and normally, I would've just brushed it off but I had a feeling in my gut that they talked.

"Don't trip out Trinity, it's probably nothing." I mumbled to myself as he sat next to me.

"Hey Ma." He placed a kiss on my lips.

"Hey babe." I greeted and he went to say something but Carrie started class. And that's when I stared the fuck out, not paying attention to what's going on around me. I jumped a bit when my phone vibrated in my pocket, I pulled out to see I got a notification.

"You good T?" Tariq whispered and I closed my phone, nodding.

"Yeah, just tired... didn't get much sleep last night." I whispered back, glancing at my phone.