Goal: Coming Home

Oh, how did I get here? I can blame Rüzgar for this mess all I want, but the truth of the matter is, I am at fault. I cannot blame anyone else but me. I am responsible for this mess.

Ada feels someone sit with their back against hers; a move that prevents her from falling over as she otherwise would have, given that she doesn't have the strength to hold herself up. She stops crying, wondering who this stranger was.

Someone who I need to pepper spray? Someone I need to karate chop?

Just as she is about to wrench her body away from the body hers had already melted into, she recognizes the scent this body carries.

I know that scent. Woodsy, a mix of pine and fresh laundered sheets.

Inhaling once more, she realizes that her body had already recognized the touch of the man she had grown so accustomed to in the past month and a half. She finds her body relaxing further into his, an action which forces her to try to straighten her back, but it is useless. Her body is begging for the support, for the comfort of the man who swallows all her darkness, leaving her in the shade of his sparkling light. When she listens, she can hear crying, and it isn't her own, which can only mean it is his.

"Why are you crying? No, why are you here? How did you find me here? No one knows about this place or cares enough about this place to remember it."

Releasing a sniffle, shakily he exhales, "Ada..." before being cut off by a panicked voice, "Who else knows where I am? You didn't tell anyone, right? I don't want anyone to know. I don't want them to find me."

"Ada, calm down."

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she reveals with a sob, "I don't want anyone to find me. I want to be alone. Did you tell anyone where I am?"

Her unmasked grief, almost makes it difficult for Bora to string words together to form sentences, but he tries nonetheless responding, "It's okay. Don't worry. I didn't tell anyone where you are. Everyone is worried about..."

"Hm, they aren't. They shouldn't be."

"Well, they are. They are all worried about you. I just told them I had found you, not where I had found you."

"How did you find me? Were you following me?"

"No! I wasn't following you! How am I supposed to follow someone who had a two-hour head start?"

"Then how did you know that I'm here?"

"Well, after checking all the places we had visited together and seeing that you weren't there, I had no choice but to ask someone to track your phone." Hearing her forceful exhale, he quickly tacks on, "I am sorry, but I had to. I needed to find you. I was getting worried when I couldn't find you anywhere. I just wanted to make sure you were safe. Look I even deleted the app, not tracking your location now," as he thrusts his hand backwards to hand her his open phone so she could check herself.

After checking and making sure that the app was indeed deleted, Ada hands him his phone back and what follows is a torturing silence, where neither knows what to say, what to start with. All that can be heard are the odd sniffles, and the noise of Ada's bracelets shaking as she wrings her hands together in front of her.

"I –"

"Can –"

"Sorry," they both let out with a small laugh.

"What were you asking?" Ada enquires.

"I was going to ask could you turn around and face me?"

Instead of receiving an answer, Bora feels her back separate from his, and then he feels her move, so he does the same. They both turn around to face one another. In the dim light, he sees swollen eyes, completely red, cheeks streaked with tears, and lips that try to smile, only to fail as they begin to quiver as more tears escape her eyes. Seeing her cry compels him to reach up to wipe those stray tears away, his thumbs softly brushing the underside of her eyes, wiping the tears away, as he soothingly whispers, "Cry, cry all that you want. Let it all out." He reaches out to catch a hand, and he begins to make circles on the back with his thumb. "Let it all out. I'm here, cry all that you want. I am not leaving. Not any time soon."