Goal: Finding Ada

Having completed his run, Bora comes to the garden and takes an involuntary step back as he takes the scene in front of him. A tableau, eerily similar to the state of his office that morning. The atmosphere is tense, the tension almost palpable. Everyone is sitting in those chairs, their backs collapsed, some shaking with silent sobs, others with anger. Just an uncomfortable awkwardness hanging in the air. A complete 180 from what he had left behind when he went out on his run. He can also smell something in the air, something bitter.

Alcohol. Except no one had drunk tonight. Exactly what happened here after I left?

"Baba, what happened? Why is everyone acting like this? Why are they acting like this?"

"Ah oğlum, you are back," Zafer states, before going on to recount all of tonight's happenings. He finishes off with, "Ada came here and said a couple of things. That's it." As the tale was being told, those comments retold, everyone felt as if they were being attacked once more, causing more shudders and trembles and growls of frustration.

"She said that?" Bora questioned.

Something is wrong. Selin yesterday. By default, Ali yesterday. Me this afternoon. And now, her family and my mother. In a matter of 24 hours, Ada has offended all those in her life except for my father and Elif. No, she hurt my father and Elif as well when she told him that she won't be visiting again.

Something is wrong. Ada is never so cruel. She would never say such things. Especially not to this family that she holds so dear. And the timing is off. What does she want to accomplish with all this?

She has effectively pushed away all of us. Selin no longer wants to talk to her. Her family has cut themselves off from her. She pushed herself away from me. She resigned from work. She has ensured that none of us will reach out to her. She did this... purposely... she wants to push us away... she is hiding, she is retreating... from me, from her family, her family, even Elif. She is pushing us away from her.

Is she trying to isolate herself from us? So that we don't get hurt? But by what? That doesn't make sense, she can't hurt us... maybe... so that she doesn't get hurt? From what though? Her secrets? Those secrets that she has been taking great pain to hide? Is she distancing us from that? She had mentioned Rüzgar at some point tonight? Does this have anything to do with him? Maybe it is linked to that time when I found him at her house showering, and also that time when we were leaving for the couples' retreat where we pretended to be together. Maybe this has something to do with Rüzgar? Is her secret related to him? Is that why she is hiding? Is that why she is hurting?

She is probably crying somewhere right now. She can hurt me, Ali, my mother, maybe Selin, but not her family or Elif. There is no way she meant any of the words she said. She is running away.

"Bora? Bora, oğlum? Where did you go?" Zafer questions.

"Nothing Baba. I was just thinking, sorry. It is just that Ada has been acting weirdly these past two days. She threw a tantrum yesterday and fought with me at the office today. I think something is bothering her. Something is causing her to act this way. Let me try to reach her."

Taking out his phone, he tries calling her. Except it goes straight to voicemail. He tries again, only to fail once more.

"Nergis hanim, Yasemin hanim? You know your niece, no? You know she would never act that way, no? She would never say such things unless she wanted us to push her away from our lives. There is probably a reason why all this has happened. She was purposely behaving this way. You know Ada can't drink and talk for so long, yet she spoke no?"

"Bora, call Selin! If that is the case, she probably went there," Yasemin says while Nergis inserts, "Ask Selin to question what is making her behave that way if that is the case."