Target 1: Selin

The evening after everyone had shifted back into Ada's apartment, Ada is standing outside Selin's door, with her hand raised, fisted, and positioned to knock, yet somehow lacking the strength to do so.

I can do this. Come on Ada.

"Come on Ada, we have to do this sometime. So might as well do it today. I have to do it today. Knock on that door," she whispers to herself, hoping no one else can hear, before finally rapping on the wooden door with the back of her fist.

"Coming," she hears Selin call, which pushes her to mutter a final prayer under her breath before the door is opened and she is ushered in.

"Selin, why are you like this? Why are you this type of person? What have you become after meeting Ali? Why have you changed so drastically?" she questions as she enters.

"What do you mean Ada? How have I changed? I am always like this. Come sit. Let me get you some water. What happened? Has anything happened?"

"No! Nothing has happened, it is just you Selin! You have never been like this Selin. After falling in love with Ali, all of a sudden you are boy-crazy. You keep saying things, seeing things that aren't there. Have you lost your mind? How could you even think that I like Bora Bey? He is my boss for god's sake. And now, because of you, my aunt also thinks that. See how things have devolved, only because of you. Why would you share this lie which has no basis, no truth?" she asks while accepting the water and situating herself in front of Selin on the couch.

"Ada. What are you saying? I haven't spoken of this to anyone. Why are you reacting in this manner? It is only my opinion, I know you are uncomfortable with it so I haven't said anything to anyone. And you are calling me boy-crazy? Have you lost your mind? I am only admiring and liking one man, Ali, that is it. There is no one else, so how exactly am I boy-crazy?"

Ada could sense that her words aren't taking effect, as the insults are still too weak. Selin is still asking for an explanation rather than banishing her from her vicinity. She now needs something stronger, but what.

"How can I not call you boy-crazy when you have fallen in love with a guy who is nothing? He has nothing but money to his name. He doesn't have a personality, he isn't the guy you dreamed of falling in love with! He isn't smart, you have nothing in common. After seeing you, he immediately hired you. You didn't even have to interview formally for your position. Suddenly you are working in the same office as me. Are you only with him because of the opportunities he can provide? Are you only with him because of his money?"

"Ada! Enough! Enough Ada! I was patient enough! I have had enough!" Selin roars before rushedly continuing, "You have said everything you came to say! Is this what you think of me? Of your best friend? Do you not know me or the type of person that I am? How can you say such things? I am not going to converse further with you on this matter out of respect for our relationship. Now get out, I no longer want to see your face in front of me. Leave! And don't come back again. Ever."

Ada gets up from the couch, places the half-empty glass of water on the side table before moving towards the door, successfully masking the tears in her eyes. She wills them not to fall until after they leave the house. In her wake, she leaves a shaken Selin, who slowly gets up to follow her and then shuts the door with a bang before proceeding to lock it to prevent any unwanted guests from entering again. Likewise, the space in her heart reserved for Ada will remain locked and surrounded by chains, preventing Ada from re-entering a place she once called a safe haven.

At the bottom of Selin's building, Ada remains within her small yellow car, completely still, feeling bitter about the task she has just accomplished. She sits there for a minute, shaking from the force of her silent tears. Though she wants to, she knows better than to return upstairs. With a hand on the steering wheel, a hand on the gear and a foot on the accelerator, she moves all three accordingly, forcing her to move forward, both on the road and in life.