Trolley

Vivo noticed it was getting a little late.

It seemed like it was only one or two more hours until sunset.

Novella asked, "Are you having a nice time, darling?"

Vivo responded, "Yeah, so far, so good."

Tiago said, "Yeah, 'good' is good."

Vivo then said, "Well, I guess we should be heading back to-"

However, Charlotte said, "But I know a way to make it better!"

Vivo asked, "Huh?"

Charlotte said, "I think it's time to take our show...on the road!"

She was facing a tour trolley.

Vivo was a little confused.

Charlotte explained, "Trolley Tour! The best way to see all of Key West!"

Tiago said, "Man, that idea is dope!"

Novella said, "Marvelous idea, indeed!"

But Vivo wasn't sure.

"Wait. All of Key West? I'm not sure if we have time."

Roxie responded, "Oh, come on! They'll just make a few stops around town and come right back here!"

Vivo said, "But I really should be heading back to the Plaza to meet Gabi."

Tiago said, "Come on, bro! It'll be cool!"

Vivo responded, "But-"

Novella said, "There's truly no need to worry, Vivo, darling. We'll be back by the time your owner gets there."

Charlotte said, "Yeah! Just trust us."

Vivo took a moment.

'Trust them'?

He still hardly knew them.

And besides, what if something happens and he doesn't get back to the Plaza in time?

Gabi will be worried sick.

But...he also had a feeling they wouldn't stop until he finally agreed.

So, he felt he had no choice but to finally say, "Alright. Let's do it."

The four pets cheered and immediately took his paws and ran over to the trolley station.

***

At the aquarium, the girls were having fun watching the dolphin show.

The dolphins did so many tricks, from flips to jumping through hoops.

The aquarium even installed a special camera connected to a big TV screen to see the show...from underwater!

They did all sorts of spins and slick maneuvers.

The girls were clearly enjoying it.

Gabi said, "So cool!"

Sarah said, "I know, right? Even the dolphins look like they're having fun!"

Becky said, "That's not surprising. Dolphins are very well-known for being very friendly and playful. They're also one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. That makes them quite easy to train."

Eva then said, "Hey, sort of like Vivo!"

Gabi responded, "Yeah...speaking of 'Vivo', I wonder how he's doing with the other pets?"

Becky responded, "No worries, Gabi. Vivo's with the nicest pets in town. I'm sure he's fine."

***

The pets were riding on the top of a trolley through town.

They made three stops already.

They stopped in front of a museum, an inn, and another shopping market.

And they weren't really too far from the Plaza.

With that in mind, Vivo started to think this trolley ride wasn't such a bad idea after all.

However, after their next stop, the trolley drove out a little ways further from the city.

Vivo was a bit concerned, "Wait, where are we going?"

Tiago said, "Chillax, bro. There's only one stop out there, then we'll loop around and go back."

Vivo knew he couldn't get off now, so he just said, "Um...ok."

Roxie said, "Aw, relax. Don't be so paranoid."

Novella said, "You worry too much, darling. Everything will be fine."

Vivo just tried to keep his nerve.

It was about 20 more minutes until the trolley finally made it to the next stop...an art gallery.

Novella said, "I always wonder why they would build an art gallery so far from town."

Roxie responded, "Maybe because the town agrees that this kind of stuff is boring?"

Vivo said, "Well, as long as we get back to the Plaza before sunset..."

However...

*Boom*

The trolley suddenly stopped with a few bumps.

And there was some smoke.

Vivo asked, "Uh...what's happening? Why aren't we moving?"

They then heard the tour guide.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems the engine of the trolley has blown a gasket. It seems we won't be able to continue the tour for at least another couple of hours."

Vivo gasped with horror.

He was far away from the city of Key West.

Far away from the Plaza.

Far away from Gabi!