Novella

They got to the hair salon.

Unfortunately, the employees didn't really want Vivo getting his dirty paws everywhere.

But Vivo was still fine with waiting outside.

They told him it would only take 30 minutes and that it was ok to go up or down the sidewalk a little more, so long as he was by the salon by the time the appointment was done.

Vivo chittered reassuringly.

Rosa and Gabi then went into the building while Vivo was left outside.

Vivo wanted to walk around for a moment, but with the mud in his fur, he got a little itchy.

He started scratching his coat a bit.

But the scratching seemed to make the itching worse.

He scratched harder.

Soon, he was scratching like he'd never scratched before.

In fact, he didn't even notice that he was in a pet's way.

A beautiful white Turkish Angora cat with sapphire blue eyes.

She was carrying pet-sized shopping bags either in her mouth or on her back.

She was too focused on not dropping her bags that she didn't even notice Vivo in the middle of the sidewalk.

Pretty soon...

*Crash*

The cat walked directly into Vivo and both fell back and there were shopping bags scattered around them.

They both immediately started to apologize.

Vivo said, "Oh, my gosh! I am so sorry!"

The cat said, "Oh, no, I'm sorry! I should've been watching where I was going."

"Well, I should've been focusing on my surroundings. I was just really itchy and-Here, let me help you pick those up."

"Oh, thank you. That's very sweet of you."

Vivo picked up some of the bags while the cat looked at the other bags to see if anything was broken.

In fact, she hasn't even looked at Vivo yet.

Vivo then gave her the rest of the bags.

She said, "Thank you very much. Now, if you'll please excuse me, I must be go-Aah!!!"

She finally got a good look at Vivo...and did not like what she saw.

She even dropped her bags again in horror.

"Oh, my stars, darling! Whatever happened to your fourrure?"

"Oh, you mean, my fur? It's kind of a long story."

"Well, no wonder you were itchy! That looks dreadfully uncomfortable!"

"It is rather uncomfortable. But my owners are just getting a hair appointment, then we'll soon be home and I'll be getting a bath."

However, the cat responded, "Well, evidently, not soon enough!"

With that, she started gently pushing him away from the salon.

Vivo wasn't sure what was going on, "Wait. Where are we going? Help!"

***

She took Vivo to what seemed to be a fancy boutique.

There was a majority of fancy clothes not only for people, but for pets as well.

She got the employees' attention and they had the same reaction when they saw the muddy kinkajou.

One of them quickly picked him up and took him into another section of the building that looked a lot like a hair salon...before going into another separate section that looked like a fancy grooming salon.

And soon enough, Vivo was put in a cute little pet-sized bathtub while his hat and scarf were thrown into a washer as well.

Vivo was then blow-dried into a puffy orange ball before he was gently brushed and his fur was back in place.

The cat then took charge of dressing Vivo.

She had Vivo trying on different outfits.

She eventually chose a nice white cotton shirt with a nice sash that was actually the same color as his hat and scarf.

She then started conversation, "Oh, I can't believe I didn't even introduce myself! I am Novella. My owner is the also owner of this little place of style...

Madame Sabrina's Luxury People and Pets! Hair Salon and Beauty Boutique for pets and pet lovers!"

Vivo responded, "Catchy."

Novella then scoffed, "But enough about me; Tell me more about you, darling."

Vivo answered, "Well, uh, my name is Vivo. I moved here from Cuba about-"

Novella suddenly gasped with surprised delight, "Cuba! Oh, I'm absolutely envious! The architecture, the art, the music! Oh, an artist's inspirational paradise! Oh, and I am not speaking of a painting artist. I am speaking of an artist in the art...of fashion!"

Vivo asked, "I'm sorry?"

Novella explained, "Sabrina and I are on a mission...to spread the joys of high beauty and fashion to all of human and pet kind!"

Vivo responded, "That certainly sounds like an interesting career and I like you think that way about Cuba."

Novella continued, "Oh, darling, I'm sure I'll think even more as you tell me so much more about it. I can tell we're going to be great friends, you and I."

Vivo kind of expected that last part about being friends.

Speaking of 'friends', he remembered Gabi, "Oh, would you look at the time. Thank you for the, uh...spa day, but I really should be getting back to my family."

However, Novella answered, "Oh, no worries, darling. While you were getting cleaned, I took your darling friendship bracelet back to the hair salon and made sure the right people followed me."

Vivo looked towards the front and saw Gabi and Rosa waiting at the boutique entrance, where they were told Vivo was being taken care of.

Vivo was relieved.

He thanked Novella and went to his family, who were also graciously informed that Vivo's little spa day was even on the house.

They then left to go home.