Blueprints

Mousy was sitting with Sheepy and Penny, when she noticed a grumpy Robby dragging his feet, walking through the food court.

"I'll be right back..." Mousy said, absent mindedly to the two, and began to follow Robby.

Robby turned to notice his small friend, and stopped so she could catch up.

"Why the long face, Robby?"

"Eh. I just got told off for fighting a customer."

"What the hell, Robby!?"

"What now?!"

"Why did you fight a customer?"

"She attacked me. All I did was kick her off of me and tell her to get lost."

"Oh, well she shouldn't have attacked you."

"Yeah, but Mr Vernadoz is convinced that the customer is always right."

"Sheesh."

Roberta came padding over.

"Hi you two." Roberta greeted the two.

"Hey, Roberta." Mousy waved.

"Robby, I heard you got in trouble."

"Wow. Someone must have recorded it or something." Mousy blabbed on, oblivious to Robbys face, turning increasingly purple with embarrassment (in my AU robot blush is purple, so ya)

Roberta nodded.

"Anyways, Robby, could you help me with Robert? He's broken."

"Oh, really? Well, sure. I don't think Mr Vernadoz wants me working anymore today."

"Yep."

"Well, see ya, Mousy." Roberta waved goodbye.

Mousy and Robby pointed finger guns at each other, before going their seperate ways.

"Now, when did this occur?"

Robby was studying Robert, who was frozen, lying on the floor. Not breathing (duh), not speaking, not moving.

"He froze when Albert jumped on him."

"Ah, so we think Albert must have broken something in him when he tackled him to the floor."

Before he could call Albert, Robby saw Roberts eye twitch. Then he whimpered and said "is he gone?"

"Ah." Robby crossed his arms.

"Makes more sense." He lifted up Robert.

"He just got stunned, he's ok."

"Thanks, Robby."

"No problem."

Roberta and Robert scuttled away, with Roberta muttering about he shouldn't get so scared easily.

Robby sighed, and headed back to the food court.

Was that what I was supposed to do? Just freeze and wait for it to be over? Robby thought. No. Even if that is the "right thing to do," my dignity won't have it.

He walked past Mousy and tapped her on the head. She turned to him quickly, said goodbye to her friends, and followed him.

"Got a job yet?" Robby asked, not looking at her.

"Nah," Mousy admitted

"You know, I'm not surprised."

"Whatever. Anyways, where are we going?"

"To Mr Vernadozs office."

"Why?"

"I need to find the robot blueprints."

"W h y?" Mousy elaborated.

"I want to find out why the robots all have to be perfect little peace keepers."

"Because they are robots; duh!"

"Hello? I don't feel like doing that."

"I guess, its like his version of telling a worker not to attack their customer."

"But he says just to sit and let people hurt you! He's fully aware that it injures us as much as him. He even slapped me to teach me a lesson. Do employees get slapped?"

"Some probably do"

"I don't think its common, if so. Its abuse! I'm going to see why he has no trouble torchering us, but not the employees."