The Aftermath

Why did we wait until the last minute to come shopping to get our last minute items? I was thinking to myself as the bricks were shaking, the lights above our heads were swaying, the shelves were rocking back and forth. Items started falling from the shelves. You could hear the howling of the tornado. " Dear God, please let everyone be OK. Let us make it through this. I promise not to skip school again if we make it through this." I silently prayed. Even in the dark I could see the look of fear etched on Julie and Adrianna's faces. I squeezed their hands tighter. Then that's when it happened. One of the shelves fell forward and landed on Julie. She fell forward let out an ear piercing scream. She wasn't moving. The book case covered her whole lower body from her stomach to her feet. The impact must of knocked her out. We listened to see if the tornado was gone. After deciding it was clear I had Adrianna stay with Julie while I went to go try to get a phone signal to get help. I ran up the stairs avoiding the debris as I descended up the stairs. As I got up the stairs there was nothing recognizable. I looked for an entrance to outside in a panic I found the closest one and ran full speed towards trying to dodge anything and everything in my way. I got outside it looked like a bomb went off. Cars were flipped over, turned on their sides, tree branches through windshields or parts of trees on the hoods.

       I grabbed my phone praying for a signal. I got one bar and dialed 911. "911, what's your emergency?" " Yes, I'm at Piedmont Mall and we need an ambulance. A shelf fell on my friend and knocked her out, its covering her lower body and she's face down. We think she might be pregnant as well." " OK there is an ambulance in route already. Stay outside so you can direct them to your friend." " OK thank you." As soon as I hung up I heard the wailing of sirens then I saw the flashing lights. I started waving my arms frantically to get their attention. They saw me and made their way towards me. As they came to a stop, I ran up to the driver side and opened the door. " Hurry up, what are you waiting for?" I all but screamed at them. "My friend was hit by a shelf its on top of her, and she's not responding. How did you guys get here so quick after the tornado?" "Slow down ma'am, we are getting our equipment and backboard. The tornado only hit this area of town since the mall is on the outskirts it hit open fields then it hit here. From the looks of it, it looks to of been a strong F2 or a weak F3." I led them to the tornado shelter where Adrianna was still with Julie. Adrianna was crying and then that's when I let my tears escape. We have been friends since grade school. I shook the bad thoughts away. The paramedics got the shelf off of Julie and carefully rolled her over. They felt for a pulse, it was there but very weak. They put a neck brace around her neck and put her onto the back board. They hooked her up to an IV and other monitors. She was so pale and unresponsive. Adrianna and I cried harder when we heard one of the guy paramedics say "we need to hurry or we will lose her." They let us ride in the ambulance with them. They wanted us to get checked out. They advised the others to do the same but it was voluntarily.

     When we arrived at the hospital Julie was rushed through a set of doors to start operating. They had us go to the Emergency Room to get checked out. We got away with just scrapes, bruises and headaches. Nothing a bandage and some good pain medication couldn't fix.

Adrianna's p.o.v
   I called Brad. Come on Brad pick up, I thought to myself. After the third ring he answered "Hello" "hi Brad"... "Adrianna what's going on?" "We were..... I let out a sob. "We were......" "Come on Adrianna spit it out already I'm kind of busy." Then that's when I heard it. "Brad baby come back to bed I can't play by myself. Your cock fits so good inside of me." "Who the fuck is that Brad?" " I didn't hear anything Adrianna." Next thing I heard was some muffling. "  who is this?" I heard a girls voice. " I'm Katie Brad's girlfriend from university." " oh ok nice to talk to you Katie. Can i talk  to Brad now?" "Bradley Mason we are through! You 2 timing son of a bitch that can't keep his little dick in his pants. I put the emphasis on little. Granted he's the only guy I've been with that I heard they are bigger. The only thing I miss about home phone is slamming the receiver down so I simply hit end. I held my composure because I have bigger things to worry about. I would deal with him later. That paramedic Ryan was cute I thought. Maybe I can get his number before I leave. Enough I scolded myself. I need to concentrate on Julie not the hot guy.