Chapter 5: The Awakening

Chapter 5: the awakening

Katie's P.O.V

Marthyu then turned to the three of us and said " we need to get you three to the awakening room!" He then walked us to the awakening room. I was guessing this was where they were going to awaken our powers ( the name duh) we cautiously entered the room, there was a tall man with a white lab coat in the corner working on something. " hey doctor Roderick, I brought them." Marthyu said . Then Doctor Roderick turned around and said " ah welcome. Will one of you please sit in that chair?" No one moved so I finally said " I'll do it." And sat down in the chair. It was quite comfortable but then Doctor Roderick put on the restraints I asked "Are these really nessisary? " Doctor Rodrick just smiled and put some wires on me. He then walked over and pulled a switch. I saw electricity flow through the wires until they hit my skin. I bit my lip really hard and then Everything went black. Then I seemed to be transported to a different place some where up in the clouds. There was a older woman there in white robes. She turned to me and said " You must be the new Heavens gate guardian ." "Yes I am" I said walking closer to the woman. " Well lets get started." She said turning around. She then grabbed a harp. "This is yours now" the lady said placing it in my hands then she grabbed a halo, white robes, a necklace that held water, and a small dagger. " thank you I say." She just smiles and says your not done yet we have one thing to do. She then grabs my hands and says some words I didn't understand and immediately I felt power increase around me.Then the lady stopped say words and the power stopped flowing around me. "Now you are done. I will leave the rest to you." The lady said disappearing. "Wait don't go!" I say but she is already gone then the clouds and the gate grow distant. I was waking up and the the gate and clouds were gone and all I saw was black. Then I heard Mary's voice call me. I opened my eyes to see I was in white robes and I had a harp and the small bottle necklace in my lap. I felt the small dagger was tucked away by my ankle. Mary looked relieved. I noticed I wasn't in the chair anymore I was against the wall. "Who's next?" Doctor Rodrick said pointing at the chair. " I suggest that you go next since your another main gate." He said pointing to Mary. She sighed and walked over to the chair. She didn't look happy. I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Mary's P.O.V

I was scared to death. I mean what was going to happen. I saw what happened to Katie, I hope it doesn't hurt. I saw Katie give me a thumbs up and Hannah smiled. I smiled back nervously. Doctor Rodrick hooked up the wires and he walked over to the switch. I swallowed hard and clenched my hands into fists. He then pulled the switch and the electricity came down the wires and contacted my skin. It tickled at first, but then it stung with pain. I let out a muffled cry of pain before I passed out. Everything was black, I saw nothing but in the distance was a light. It seemed to be getting closer and the it engulfed me. The light was blinding at first but then I saw it. The gate of hell. There was a man beside it. He had long blue hair and was holding a katana. As I set foot on the ground he smirked and said " Hello new guardian of the hell gate." "Hello" I said quietly. " speak up!" The man said raising his voice. Obviously he wanted respect. "Hello mister!" I saw yelling. He just gave me the evil eye. "We'll I guess I'll have to explain what's going to happen and awaken you." He said. He reached behind him grabbed some objects. When he turned around he had his katana in his hand. "Draw it." He said placing the katana in my hands. I reluctantly draw it and he chants some words and the sword erupts in flames. They slowly creep up my arms. My nails grow longer and pointed and as the flames crawl up my face my teeth grow sharp and my pupils become slits. Soon the flames encased me and I had taken a completly different apperence then what I had entered in. The man sighed and said " your all done. Just to tell you the hell guardians power is the most powerful but is hard to control." " yes sir I understand." I say nodding my head. " he just smiles and waved and disappears. The land grows distant and I wake up with Katie's face in my face with a worried look. " oh your fine that's good. You were jerking around frantically and then you burst into flames!" Katie said. I smiled and Katie suddenly backed away " huh? What's wrong?" I say confused. " y-your t-teeth there pointed!" Katie says. " yeah in know" I say fine I see that the katana was in my lap and a shoulder case. This was good I was ready to train.

_______________________________

Ok so I know Hannah's is missing but I had a request to get this chapter out tonight so I had to cut short. Anyway I also need to do a little more research on purgatory.

~Meredith