Chapter 11

"Shin Aru!"

I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath. That's Park Juna the one who called me. The memories of her bullying me came to my mind making me feel so nervous as well as making my hands shaking.

"Yah! Are you scared of me? Because I bullied you before? Oh come on, that was when we're just kids!" She chuckled, it sounded like an evil chuckle to be exact.

"We're no longer kids now. It's not fun to be enemies when we can be friends and forget the past, right?" She leaned her face closer while raising an eyebrow, wearing the sly smile that I hate.

"Come on." She offered me her hand.

"We can be friends." She smiled.

At some point.. I feel like she really meant what she said just now. Forget the past? Maybe she wanna start everything over.. She's right, we're just kids back then and I was fat back then, of course she'd bully me and make fun of me.

Now I'm skinny and here, she wanna be my friend.

People can change.

Maybe I should give it a try.

My hand is slowly reaching hers, I am hesitant at the same time a bit glad to finally have someone who hated me changed their mind and decided to be my friend.

When my hand was about to reach hers, suddenly someone disdainfully just grabbed my hand thwarting me from shaking hands with Juna and bring me away.

"Yah!" Juna indignantly shouted.

"What are you doing?!" I sternly chided with both my eyebrows furrowed as I abruptly let go of my hand from his tight grip.

He brought me to the rooftop.

"One thing you need to keep in your mind, Aru. Don't trust people so easily." His deep voice drily averred.

"I know.." I murmured.

"But it's not wrong if I try to give it a try. Maybe she meant whatever she said. People can change, Wonwoo." I looked into his eyes.

"Not everyone can change." His monotone voice rebuked.

I went speechless hearing that.

"You're right.. But until when? Until when will I just keep feeling scared of getting bullied? I wanna try something new, maybe I could make friends with Juna. Maybe we could even be bestfriends, we just need to forget the past." I smiled, though my tears started to fall down my cheeks.

I heard him sighed.

He walked closer to me and wiped my tears away. The moment his hand touched my face, my heart skipped a beat as my eyes enlarged.

"When will you ever stop wasting your tears." He sounded so annoyed.

"Look, you can think, Aru. If she really wanted to be friends with you and forget the past, why isn't she asking for your forgiveness before you both starts a new chapter? You've went through a lot because of her and years later she asked you to be your friend instead of apologizing first?" He refuted with an eyebrow raised.

He's not wrong..

"Please, Wonwoo. I want to be independent." I mumbled.

"I'm not trying to control you, I just don't want the same thing to happen to you again. I don't want you to ever get hurt again. That's why I'm making sure everything around you and everything about you are fine, you just don't see it and you think of me as trying to control your life and decisions." His statement makes my heart beats faster..

I like how my heart always do something that it never does when I'm with anyone else except him.

I like the feeling of being around him.

"Thanks, Wonwoo. But, just let me do whatever I want." I smiled to him. He closed his eyes as he took a deep breath before he opened them again.

"Fine."

-

"Juna." I dared myself to call her who's now busy putting her books inside her locker. She turned around and suddenly a beaming smile appeared on her face.

"Hey!"

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier.." I mumbled.

"That's okay." She smiled convincingly.

Without having a second thought, I offered her my hand, she was shocked at first but without wasting any time she gladly accepted my offer and we both shakes our hands together. I can't believe that we both are smiling to each other right now.

"So, what's your secret or tips for losing weights?" She locked her arm with mine. I was pretty uncomfortable with that but I guess I'll get used to it sooner or later.

"I just.. Go jogging and do some excersices everyday and eat less.." I murmured, I felt so uncomfortable talking about this.

But in all honesty, I can't believe Juna is talking a lot to me. I can't believe we are even laughing together. Maybe Juna really wanted to forget about our past and decided to be my friend. I'm glad that she isn't going to bully me anymore.

"Hey girls! Meet my friend, Shin Aru." She introduced me to her two friends.

"Hi! My name is Kang Minji. Nice to meet you." She smiled to me, she is incredibly so cute!

"Hey, Aru! My name is Kim Hana." And here we got another gorgeous girl.

"Hi girls.." I am still a bit shy to actually be around them.

I joined them and the three of them keep talking a lot, I am enjoying my time being here with them hearing them talking and laughing and even gossiping about other people.

So, this is what a group of girl friends usually talk about when they're together?

It's so fun..

I can't believe that I have a group of girl friends now!

"Mingyu won't reject you, trust me." Hana nodded her head.

Mingyu?

Ah! He's the guy who I bumped to at the park the other day. I'm sure Mingyu is Yemin's 40th crush by now? Because I can see how astonished and mesmerized she was when she saw Mingyu.

"I'm scared to confess, oh my god!" Juna hold her head with both her hands.

"Do you have any tips?" Juna asked me.

"Uhh, well.. If you feel confident then I don't think it's wrong to give it a try." I smiled to her.

"Aru's right, do you feel confident?" Minji raised an eyebrow.

"A bit.."

I personally think that Mingyu and Juna will be a perfect couple. Mingyu is handsome while Juna is pretty, many people will be jealous of the two if they really ended up being together.

I wonder when will I ever experience dating.

-