Chapter 01

"Enjoy, have fun later! Make some friends!" My mom shouted as we arrived at the front gate of my middle school. I smiled and nodded my head.

I wish this year will be different from all those previous years. I hope that I'll be able to make a lot of friends and have fun with them.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening the door of my class. Once I stepped in, everyone stopped doing whatever they're doing and nailed their eyes to me. Everyone are suddenly being silent.

I smiled to everyone but I couldn't find any empty seat.

"Fatty." I heard a skinny girl murmured.

The moment I heard that, I felt so offended. I know people always call me fat or fatty, but I am never ever used to it. I hate it when people call me that.

Today is just our first day of attending middle school so that means, I'm just thirteen years old and is very ugly and fat.

I forgot.

I hope that I'll be able to have friends but I forgot who I am and how I look. Of course nobody wants to be a friend with a fat girl like me. I'm not only fat, but I'm also very, very, very ugly. Everyone avoids ugly people, no one wants to have an ugly friend.

"Oh my god, you are so ugly!" A guy exclaimed before laughing, resulting the rest of the class to laugh too. I tried so hard not to cry, I made my hands into fists and tried so hard not to punch him.

I feel like..

My nightmare will begin again.

The aura and the vibe right now can already tell me my school life for this year will be the same like the previous years.

"Good morning everyone!" Suddenly a teacher came in.

"Why aren't you sitting? Go to your seat." She smiled to me.

"I don't have a seat yet." I mumbled.

"Hmm.. Look! There's an empty seat at the back." She pointed her finger.

I went there and took a seat. It was at the very last line, there's this guy who keep staring at me, he sits beside me, he's just right next to the window. I hesitantly gave him a smile but he didn't say anything and continued writing something on his book, totally ignoring me.

"Hi students! I am your homeroom teacher, my name is Lee Suyeong. You all just call me Ms. Lee." She smiled and everyone greeted her back.

"I want all of you to stand up and introduce yourself one by one." She instructed. This is what I hate. I don't like it when people have all their eyes and attention to me.

I actually just wanted to be invisible forever. Being this fat and ugly makes me feel so embarrassed of myself. I never like it if I caught people staring at me because I know what's inside their minds.

"She's very fat."

"She's ugly."

It's now my turn. I stood up and there I can see all of them giving me the teasing smile and some are even holding their laugh. The moment they got all their eyes staring at me, the pressure inside me builds up, my hands started shaking.

"M-my name i-is Shin Aru." I stuttered.

"Aww, what a cute name you have." Ms. Lee smiled to me. I quickly took a seat, my cheeks went hot because of embarrassment and nervousness. I hold both my hands that are now still shaking from being nervous.

"Jeon Wonwoo." The guy beside me introduced himself and took a seat after that.

He seems like a bad guy.

I can tell that all of my classmates are judging me. No one seems to be friendly here. I guess I won't be having a friend again this year. I never had a friend since elementary school. I never know how it feels like to have fun with a friend.

That's because nobody wants to be friend with a fat girl.

It's break time now. I packed my stuffs and took my lunchbox which my mom prepared for me early in the morning. I was about to eat when suddenly a bunch of girls stands up surrounding me.

"You fatty, you eat a lot!"

"That's why she's fat, all she ever think about is food."

"Fat people only thinks about food. Their brain are full of foods, where do you think they put their studies? There's no space left, all the spaces are occupied by foods." The skinny girl earlier mocked me and the rest laughed so hard.

I feel so envious seeing how skinny and pretty she really is.

I wish I can be like her.

She looks so confident.

"What are you eating? Ew~" They all are playing around with my foods.

"S-stop it.." I murmured.

"What? I can't hear you. You're fat and big, you should have a big voice too like your body!" Another girl mocked me.

"Don't you feel embarrassed when you walk and all your fats are bouncing?" And all the girls started laughing, their laugh sounded like a nightmare to me.

I tried so hard to hold my tears.

Then suddenly someone throw a paperball to the girl's head.

"Aw! Yah!" She screeched.

It was Wonwoo. He threw the paperball to her head.

"You guys are all so noisy. I'm trying to sleep here. Go away." He drily said.

"Hah, what a clueless guy we got here. Yah-"

Wonwoo threw another paperball which got right into her mouth.

"So noisy."

The girl started to cry and run away out of the class followed by the other girls.

I looked at him.

"T-thank you." I bowed to him.

"Your foods are all ruined. Here, you can have mine." He handed me his lunchbox.

"B-but, what about you?" I questioned.

"I'm not hungry." He smiled. I slowly and hesitantly took his lunchbox. My stomach are already grumbling, I'm so hungry. This is already my time to eat. I started eating so greedily but stopped when I realised that he've been watching me.

"Cute." He chuckled.

I blushed.

I decided to eat slowly because I was so embarrassed by the fact that he saw me eating so greedily. He'll probably judge me because of it. But I couldn't help it, I was just too hungry that I couldn't even control myself.

"When is your birthday?" He suddenly asked me.

"M-me? September 14th." I replied.

"Mine's July 17th." He smiled.

My eyes widened the moment he offered me his hand, he raised an eyebrow waiting for my response. I slowly reached his hand and we both made a handshake.

"I don't usually make friends, I prefer being alone. But it seems like it will be great to be friend with you." He stated before smiling again.

I made a friend?

I can't believe I am finally having a friend. He helped me from being bullied by the girls, he gave me his food, he even asked me when my birthday is. I am so happy that I finally got to have a friend! At least there's someone who I could talk to. At least there's someone who won't be bullying me.

"Thank you for making me as your friend." I grinned to him, he suddenly laughed.

"You are so cute." He shook his head.

My mom would be so happy to hear this good news! I can't wait to go home and tell her that I made a friend today!

-

i don't just write this book for fun, i put a lot of important messages for you all here, i hope this book would help you to appreciate and love yourself  ❤️

started: november 30, 2021
ended: january 12, 2022
edited.