Chapter 03

I arrived to my class and a smile appeared as I saw Wonwoo, we both waved our hands for each other and I took a seat after that.

"Did you have your breakfast before you go to school?" He asked me.

"Hm! My mom prepared me sandwiches." I giggled.

"What a coincidence! I brought sandwiches for us." He took out a small box and opened it, revealing sandwiches that looks so delicious and appetizing.

"But what about your lunch?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Here." He patted another box on his table.

"My mother was in a hurry so she packed my breakfast and told me to eat before class starts." He told me.

"We can share, here." He handed me a sandwich and I gladly took it. We both are just eating while talking when suddenly the girls came to us.

"Already eating?" She gave me the disbelief face.

I read her nameplate.

Kim Haerin.

"Why do you eat so much? You know you're fat don't you want to lose some weights?" She gave me the bitter chuckle soon after.

"Have some respect, we're eating here and it's rude if you just talk to us with such manners." Wonwoo scolded her.

"What a protective boyfriend. Well anyway, enjoy your food." She gave me a disgusted face before walking away with the other girls. My eyes went teary but I'm trying not to let my tears fall.

"Don't let their words get the best of you, just ignore them." Wonwoo patted my shoulder with a smile.

"Easy for you to say.. If you're fat like me then you'll know how I actually feel." I ran out of the class and started crying. Everyone who saw me are wondering and I could hear some are even judging me.

I was in the toilet crying but then I heard the bell ringing telling that the class is starting soon. I wiped my tears and washed my face before returning back to class.

"Hey Aru." I ignored him.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier.. I just wanted to comfort you." He cooed but still, I ignored him.

"Please don't ignore me." He shook my arm slightly, I gave up and ended up looking at him which then he gave me the innocent smile.

"Please forgive me." He put both his palms against each other and starts to rubbing it. I couldn't help but to giggle seeing him acting like that.

"It's fine now, Wonwoo." I smiled to him.

-

It's lunch break now. Wonwoo brought me to the rooftop because he said that by eating in the rooftop, no one would see us and we both could just enjoy our time together.

"Do you want some nuggets?" He asked me.

"Sure!"

We both are just eating.

"My mom always packed me delicious lunch." I said to him.

"Yeah, I can see by just looking." He chuckled.

"But your mom's lunchbox for you looks delicious too! Even the nuggets are delicious!" I exclaimed with my mouth full of foods.

"What? You sounded so gibberish!" Wonwoo laughed at me which made me stopped from doing whatever I'm doing.

Somehow, that hurts my heart.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Why did you laughed at me?"

"Eh? I wasn't judging you! That's because I found you cute! You talked while your mouth are still full of foods, it's cute!" He tried so hard to stop me from misunderstanding him, I took a deep breath.

"Okay.."

"I'm sorry if I made you think that I'm judging you. I will never ever judge you, that's my promise." He told me reassuringly.

"Okay Wonwoo." I smiled to him.

"Wonwoo ah." I called him.

"Hm?"

"You told me that you don't usually make friends and you prefer being alone. But why are you suddenly offering me to be your friend?" I queried, I've been wondering about it.

"People don't like me because of my face, they said that I look so intimidating so I ended up not having friends during elementary school that's why I prefer being alone." He explained.

"But when I saw you, you gave me a smile so I thought that you're gonna be different. I don't know why but so suddenly I'm interested to be your friend." He smiled to me.

"Why? Because you never have a fat friend?" I sounded so sad right now.

"Stop all of that! I don't care about their appearance, as long as they have a good heart then I'm fine being friends with them. Like you, you have a very good heart." He remarked as he pinched my chubby cheek.

"My mother told me that appearance aren't the matter, but heart is. It doesn't matter if people is pretty or handsome or skinny but if they have such an ugly heart, all their beauty are just useless." His words are so simple yet wonderful to me. It's so heartwarming that it fluttered my heart.

"Your mom is so cool."

"Yah! This is our place! How dare you come to our territory?!" I heard a girl nagged and it's Haerin with her girls.

Not again.

"I don't see any sign that tells this is your territory? Can you show me?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow.

"We don't have to put any sign! Everyone here knows that this is our place!" She rebuked angrily.

"Wonwoo, we should just go away." I hold his wrist but he let go of my hand.

"What did you get from bullying honestly? Bullying is so pathetic. Why are you bullying innocent kids? It only makes you an attention seeker, tsk tsk tsk." Wonwoo shook his head after that.

"Yah! This brat never learn!" She shouted and the girls started to pull Wonwoo's hair.

"Stop it!" I tried pushing them away but I ended up getting my hair pulled by the girls too. We both keep squealing in pain as it hurts so much.

And here, all of us ended up being in the office.

"Who started it first?" Ms. Lee asked.

"Aru and Wonwoo started it!" Haerin pointed her finger to us.

"We were just eating but she told us that the rooftop is her territory so I told her to show us the sign to prove us that it's really her territory, she was triggered so she started to pull our hair." Wonwoo bluntly explained.

"H-he's lying!" She stuttered.

"Who is saying the truth here?" A sigh escaped Ms. Lee's lips, she looks so disappointed at us right now.

"I hope this thing won't happen again. Please don't fight with each other. Make friends, okay?" She raised an eyebrow while smiling.

"Of course!" Haerin shouted.

Fake.

-