Eight

To the Moon and Back

"You can't just send him to the moon."

Grayson Hargreeves was going to be a teacher

Grayson Hargreeves was going to be a teacher. She had gotten into the school she wanted and had her course all selected. She had managed to get the school book with the help of Pogo, who was supportive of her plan and then some.

She was ready for the next school year and was honestly excited about it. She didn't think she would be. Not to mention she didn't think she'd ever actually think of a plan and follow through.

She had told Luther. He was upset about it. Even mad about it. Everyone already left, and now his twin was leaving him and he didn't feel great about it.

But after she explained her feelings to him, weather he understood them or not, he seemed to be at least a little happy for her.

"Number Zero."

She heard her name being called and instantly sighed in annoyance. Turning her head from her lap top, she eyes Pogo, who stands at her door.

"Yes?" She said

"Your father has called for a meeting. There's an announcement he has to make." He nodded to her than walked away.

Getting up, she followed him down the hall. The moss green walls brought a weird sense of comfort. She smiled lightly at the pictures of the numbers and letters. She lifted her fingers and traced the shapes.

"Do you know what this is about?" She asked, her voice quiet as she matched her steps with Pogo.

The chimp turned his head to the side and slightly glanced her way. He did know what this was about. However, he was under strict instructions not to utter a word of the matter to her.

Grayson nodded mutely as the two headed down the long stair case. Her hand slid down the dusty railing with each step.

She caught sight of Luther's bike leant up against the nearest wall and silently shook her head.

Finally, the two came up towards their fathers office. Luther already standing by the door. She inwardly scoffed, even if they were the only two there, they weren't aloud to step inside.

Coming up beside him, their arms brush up against one another's. She looked up to him, and he looked down her her. His new figure was something she was still getting used too.

She could remember that day. The day it came down to his life or death, and their father, being the man he was, chose a risky science experiment.

She remembered how scared she was. How angry. It was like loosening Five all over again. It was like loosing Ben all over again. However, this time, at least to Grayson, it was so much more personal.