Chapter 9

Once Zach was finished dressing and put a t-shirt on, he went to the living room. He was slightly aware of the bulk between his legs, but he had to admit he was getting used to it the more time he spent in a pull-up. That appeared to be most of the time these days.

Kylie and him were in for another relaxing day and Zach began reading a book he had been meaning to. Kylie kindly made him a cup of tea after a little bit. She told him she put some special sweetener in it for her special boy and Zach thanked her. The tea did taste very good, better than usual he thought. The reading made him sleepy and although he did not want to prove Kylie right about his napping habits, he decided to lay down for a little bit. He reasoned he would just rest his eyes and daydream a bit but not actually fall asleep, that way he wouldn't risk any accidents and prove Kylie wrong.

However, his plan did not anticipate Kylie laying down with him. She climbed into bed shortly after he laid down and she wrapped her arm over him as he lay on his side. He once again felt small and secure in her arms. But what really did the trick and sealed Zach's fate was when Kylie started lightly running her hand through his clean, soft hair. Zach mumbled something about not falling asleep which Kylie gently shushed and continued stroking her hand through his hair. Not shortly after, Zach's heavy breathing filled the room.

When Zach woke up some time later, Kylie was gone. Zach could not believe he had fallen asleep again! He felt silly for thinking he would just rest his eyes. As he sat up he was once again reminded of the bulk between his thighs. Groaning, Zach reached his hand down, afraid to find a wet pull-up once again. Sure enough, Kylie was right for dressing him in his protection. How could he have lost all of his nighttime training so quickly? Toddlers mastered the skill of staying dry at night better than he had.

Zach didn't know why but he trudged out to find Kylie and stood in the middle of the room. Kylie peered up at him, "what's wrong baby?" Zach stuttered "I, um, well I think maybe you had the right idea." Kylie tilted her head, "about what Zach?" Zach was getting impatient and stomped his foot. "Oh you know! About earlier!" he whined. "Honey I'm right about many things, you'll have to be more specific," she chided. "About my pull-up! It's wet again ok?" he burst out.

Kylie smiled and said "Oh! Well I'm glad you admit I was right. Let me help get you changed." Zach suddenly felt embarrassed. Why hadn't he though of that? He could change himself, couldn't he? Kylie was very good at it, but still shouldn't he do it? Zach's questions were interrupted as he felt Kylie grab his hand and walk him back to the bedroom.

"Before I change you, I wanted to give you an early Christmas gift!" Kylie exclaimed. She handed him a rectangular wrapped present as he sat on the edge of the bed in his wet underwear. He looked at her puzzled, but then slowly began unwrapping the gift. There was a white box that looked like the kind that held sweaters his mom had gotten him for Christmas in the past.

He slowly pulled the box cover off revealing a blue sweater with gingerbread men and a red collar on it. He was confused why Kylie was giving him a festive sweater at this moment. He set the box aside and said thank you to Kylie. He was really just ready to get out of the wet pull-up now. Kylie scoffed and grabbed the box "You didn't even take it out of the box to see what it is!"

She grabbed the clothing and held it by the shoulders. The sweater was actually much more than a sweater, Zach realized. It was a full, one-piece footed sleeper that zipped up the middle and had a flap at the base of the neck overlaying the zipper that Zach had missed on first glance. "I saw these on the clearance rack and just had to get them for you!" Kylie excitedly explained. Zach saw how excited she was and although he didn't love how babyish it looked, he thought he owed her a favor given how nice and helpful she had been. A normal girl probably would have left him after one bedwetting episode, but she stuck with him and he was grateful.

"It's great, sorry I missed that!" Zach tried to sound as genuine as he could. "Perfect, let's see if it fits!" Kylie responded. Zach internally cringed but did not protest. He laid back on the bed and let Kylie take over. She removed his pants and shirt, exposing his damp and yellowed pull-up. "Wow you really soaked this one!" she observed. Zach's cheeks went red.

She changed him into a new pull-up and Zach did not even question it. He was used to the blue crinkly pants by now and figured it was just like last night in getting ready for bed early. She pulled Zach up to a standing position once he was fitted in a fresh pull-up. He stepped one foot after another into the waiting pajamas Kylie was holding out. She pulled the rest of the garment up and he put his arms through the sleeves. Kylie bent down and began zipping him up. When she got to the top, he heard a big "click" and saw the cloth covering over the zipper.

"My little guy is all set now and snug as a bug!" Kylie said taking pride in her work. "Let's just keep you in that for the rest of the night hmm?" Zach sighed deeply. He didn't think he had much of a choice either way. Zach meekly thanked her for her help and went to look in the mirror. He saw an oversized toddler looking back at him. The pajamas were cute and fit him snugly. He could make out the smooth, rounded shape of the pull-up in between his legs. He did have to admit, as embarrassing as his outfit was, he felt very warm and comfy, secure even.