Chapter 8

After breakfast, Kylie led him back to the bed and sat him down. Again, he felt the squish of the wet pull-up. She went into the bathroom and started to run a bath. Zach hadn't taken a bath in years but waited patiently all the same. Kylie came out and got him undressed and disposed of his soaked pull-up. "Another one getting used, money well spent!" she said. She led him to the bath and he stepped in gingerly, feeling the warm, soapy water on his skin. He sat down and leaned back in the soothing water.

Kylie said "I'll let you play for a little bit while I clean up in the kitchen." Zach didn't know what she meant by that but enjoyed the warm water and had fun pushing the bubbles around and making different shapes with them.

Kylie returned and instructed Zach to tilt his head back. She got a pitcher of the bath water and poured it over his head, wetting his hair down. She got some shampoo and rubbed it in her hands then all over his head. Zach loved how Kylie's fingers felt as she gently massaged the shampoo into his head. Kylie even went "boop!" and touched his nose, causing him to giggle cutely. Again, Kylie poured water over the boy's head and made sure to cover his brow with her hands so no shampoo could slip into his eyes. She helped Zach put soap all over his body and wash him off, then declared bath time was over and began draining the tub.

Zach stood up in the tub, dripping wet. Kylie grabbed a big, fluffy white towel and draped it over his head. Kylie called out "Zach? Where did you go? Honey?" Zach giggled and shouted "I'm right here!" Kylie feigned surprise as he lifted the towel showing his grinning face, "Oh! There you are." Zach shook his head and smiled broadly. Kylie was being so silly, he thought. She began rubbing the towel all over his head and drying his hair, pulling the towel off so his messy hair was going in all different directions.

She wrapped the towel around his chest, all the way down to his knees. He felt himself being lifted off the ground but couldn't do anything to stop if as he was all wrapped up! Kylie carried him out to the bed, something he did not know she was capable of doing. Whenever, Kylie had carried him, he was too sleepy to understand what was happening. He was very aware of how little he felt being carried by his mom- no... his girlfriend, he thought.

Kylie dried off the rest of him and said "let's get you all set for the day sweetie." So, Zach lay on the bed, naked as the day he was born, having just been bathed and dried off for the first time since he was a small child. He saw Kylie go to his drawers and pick out a few things. He watched as she set down the clothes next to him. "Lift your legs honey" she instructed. Zach was completely caught off guard with what she did next.

He saw her pluck a pull-up from under the pile of clothes and open it up. Then she slid his feet between the leg holes and slowly slid it up his legs. "Kylie, why are you putting that on me?" Zach nervously questioned, hoping it was a mistake. "Because Zachary, if you fall asleep during the middle of the day again, there's no way to know if you'll wet or not so I am putting you in this just in case," she said matter-of-factly. "But I only take naps sometimes!" Zach protested. "Given how fussy you are being, it seems like you'll need one again today," Kylie retorted.

Zach wasn't sure what to do. How could he get out of this predicament? All the while he was contemplating his newfound attire, Kylie finished sliding the pull-up into place. "I'll let you wear your comfy sweats to help you feel better ok pal?" she said. Zach felt a little relieved to have some semblance of adulthood back.

"I won't have to wear these during the day once I go back to work and can't take naps then, right?" he asked. "Let's just take it day by day, love," Kylie responded. That didn't make him feel better, but he was quickly distracted as Kylie finished putting his sweatpants, standing him back up to admire her work. Unbeknownst to Zach, the pants sagged a bit and anyone who glanced at the slim boy could see the trim of the blue pull-up peering over his waistline, indicating his infantile solution to the infantile problem.