Chapter 2

Nothing much was said the next day about the incident but two weeks later at their next movie night, it was Kylie who suggested they stream an older Disney movie she knew Zach liked. Zach was surprised but quickly agreed. "Same deal as last time sleepyhead," Kylie maternally chided. "Oh c'mon are you serious can't I just watch it now?" Zach was surprised by the amount of whining he was doing, but still felt justified in his desire to not get up from his comfy position on the couch.

"Now Zachary you and I both know you fell right to sleep last time and I do not want to have to completely undress you from your work clothes or deal with your bad breath tonight," Kylie scolded. "Besides, I stopped and got you some pajamas that I think fit your taste in movies well and I want you to wear them for me." Between the use of his full name and her tone, he saw she was serious and there was likely no way around this without a big fight so he relented "Ugh, FINE" he declared as he childishly stomped his feet and stormed into the bathroom. Kylie chuckled and shook her head.

Zach brushed his teeth and on the bed he saw an old-looking Target shopping bag he recognized from when he moved in. He reached his hand in and pulled out a t-shirt pajama top. It was blue and black with pictures of the characters from the movie Coco. Zach wasn't sure such a childish looking top would even fit him but nevertheless he took off his shirt, revealing his hairless torso, and changed into his new pajama top. Surprisingly, it fit him well and had cuffs around his wrist and around the neckline. He pulled out the matching bottoms and put them on as well. They fit tight on his legs and clung to him showing off his curvy butt. They had cuffs near the ankles but overall, the length was good. He put on his slippers and walked to the living room.

"Aww my cutie boy is all ready for the movie aren't you," Kylie cooed in a baby voice. "Yeah yeah, where did you find such a big pair of kids pajamas anyhow?" Zach retorted. Kylie paused before responding, "oh I got them at Walmart, they have everything there." She quickly tried to move on from the subject and patted her hand on the couch for Zach to take his seat. The movie began and sure enough he fell asleep again before the ending. Kylie led her groggy, stumbling charge back to the bedroom again. This time however, Kylie left his cute pajamas on and quickly hid the plastic shopping bag from before. She tucked her little-looking boy in and kissed him goodnight.

This began to happen more frequently where Kylie would chide Zach to get ready for bed early even when they weren't watching movies, "just in case" she'd say. Kylie ended up buying him more pairs of pajamas as she explained they were on sale. When Zach asked her why she was even looking she responded "they had them at the front of the store, probably trying to get rid of them because they are such a large size." He was not fond of the childish purchase but knew her heart was in the right place and did not think much of it.

He noticed whenever he got ready for bed and put his sweats on, Kylie was usually more distant and on her phone. One time his sweats were dirty so he put on a pair of pajamas Kylie bought him and she lavished him with praises and paid much more attention to him. Zach chalked it up to her probably just being grateful of him making the most of her purchases.

So as time went on Zach's early bedtime routine and Disney pajamas became more frequent, even as Kylie was dressed in her normal daywear outfits. One time Zach asked why she doesn't get ready with him and she responded "Well silly, I'm not the one falling asleep every time a cartoon gets played." Zach felt a little bit embarrassed for having such a juvenile problem but decided to brush it off. He thanked her for the pajamas. He was glad to be in a healthy relationship, even it if meant wearing embarrassing pajamas. And when he really thought about it, they weren't all THAT bad.