CHAPTER 21

Robin had not left his room for hours and had dismissed anyone who came knocking on his door whether that was the guards or his overbearing friends. He had allowed himself the time to let his walls crumble down and was working on building them up once again before even thinking of stepping one foot outside of his bedroom.

The sounds of his worn leather boots, the crackling of the fire and his teeth anxiously gnawing at his nails were all that could be heard within the confines of his room. What can I do? He whispered to himself. There must be something. He whispered once again. "Urgh!" He groaned whilst throwing his hat to the floor and then running a hand through the knotted curls on top of his head.

Robin slumped to the floor and rest his back against the foot of his bed. His eyes met the black round bowler hat which had rolled to the wall opposite him. Robin allowed himself to smirk at the memory of how Constance had once worn it. He laughed softly because due to its size the hat had fallen straight down to then land on the tip of her dainty nose. His mind was swirling with all the wonderful interactions that they had over the recent weeks. Robin's thoughts then replayed their most recent interaction in Moonacre manor. He so wished to see her. The whole ordeal had not allowed him to think clearly, he only wanted to know her well-being.

He blushed when he remembered the flower which he had picked especially for her. Had she liked it? Who am I kidding? That was a stupid idea, she didn't think anything of it... He said quietly to himself. Robin then reflected on their conversation prior to his departure and frowned as he recalled the argument. His eyes widened in realisation and threw the door practically off of its hinges before stopping and retracing his steps to retrieve his bowler hat which still sat on the floor awaiting its owners return. Robin twiddled his signature hat between his fingers as he had seen a street performer do whilst he was spying on the city residence of the Merryweather girls. Happy with his attempt he then placed it on top of his head and carried on from where he left off.

The music from the banquet hall was loud as the celebration continued. Robin knew what the festivities were and he was furious. Every guard he passed would nod as he stormed by but the young bandit boy's eyes were cold and harsh which clearly put the soldiers at unease.

Robin truly hated these stone walls. He felt like he was in the dungeon alongside Constance. The positive thing though was that he knew the place like the back of his hand. Robin had plenty of time to search every nook and cranny as a pass time. Rather than walking the known route, he was heading to a specific corridor a mere 5 halls from his own bed-chamber. He needed to get to the private library and preferred to not be seen.

Although the specific hallway that he wanted did have a downside. In fact, it was a complete hindrance. The corridor was located near the great hall and there was never a time that the place was quiet. Even at the ungodly morning hours there would be some lunatic still shouting and dancing around with his goblet in hand.

Despite his best effort, luck was not on Robin's side. "So, you finally managed to get your miserable self out into the big wide world again ey mate?" His friends laughed as Robin was nudged to and fro. "Clear off, will you? I'm not in the mood." He said with annoyance as he tried to get away. "Whats ruffled your feathers? You're acting like a princess Robin." The young bandit boy was so irritated that he stopped and sharply turned to face his friends. Anger was seeping from his body and it was so noticeable that his crew were taken aback. "I said, clear... off. I won't ask again."

Robin held eye contact with his friends for a few more seconds before slowly turning to resume walking again however, his buttons were not finished being pushed. "You know ever since the Merryweather tarts have appeared you've been acting odd. We noticed the interaction with your father earlier. You'd never stand up to him that way. I reckon you've either knocked your head on a tree branch or you've got a crush on the eldest." The group of young men laughed and wiggled their eyebrows playfully making it difficult for Robin to keep his composure. "Ooo boys he didn't deny it!"