007 | uranus

"take some more chicken, minghao!"

the male sighed, taking two more drumsticks from the takeout that seungkwan had ordered. ever since he had fainted, all the members made sure to keep an eye on him. jeonghan had even implimented a schedule where each of the members made sure that minghao had eaten different meals. though it was a strange arrangement, he knew what it was. they were trying to take care of him.

of course, this wasn't exactly foolproof. minghao didn't like looking at his weight, having not gone back under 100 pounds. he still threw up at night, but he could now tell jeonghan, seungcheol, joshua, or jihoon, who were the only ones who knew exactly what was happening.

one thing that really bothered him was that he still didn't have the energy or motivation to dance. crush and magic had been postponed indefinitely because of him, and that just made him feel worse. maybe if he brought himself back to his underweight stage, where everything was alright, then things could go through. he could still sing, but jinki refused to take him off of hiatus. it was probably for the best– he was still angry at himself.

another thing that happened was that minghao was talking to mingyu and wonwoo more often. they always made sure to check in on him and make sure he was doing well. everyone around minghao was trying to help him. in fact, he'd even received a few calls from junhui, all of which he'd (conveniently) missed.

again, things weren't perfect. but minghao was trying his best, and he really appreciated that the others understood that he was.

~

minghao huffed, pushing his hair out of his eyes. he stared at himself through the mirror, just like the day he fainted. just like then, he was sweaty, having done a bit of practice.

seokmin poked his head inside the room, smile as bright as ever. "oh, you're practicing?"

"yeah." minghao took a sip from his water bottle. "we'll end up uploading magic at some point, so i have to be ready."

"have you run through the song?"

the older gulped, knowing he wasn't going to get a great reaction out of this. "twice."

"oh god." seokmin's smile fell, and he entered the room. he scanned minghao over with concerned eyes. "you should probably rest. seungcheol and jihoon probably won't be done in the studio for a while, but i was planning to leave anyways. are you feeling lightheaded?"

"i'm fine," minghao replied. "just let me run through it one more–"

"xu minghao, we're leaving. magic can wait." without another word, seokmin grapped the older's wrist, practically dragging him out the door.

maybe he was right. magic could wait.

but even then, minghao felt like he should be able to do something. a cover, like all the other members of project:wonder had been doing during his hiatus. he was at a healthier weight– not as much as "normal" or perfectly healthy, but he couldn't bring himself to go any farther.

why didn't he?

~

"please?"

"no."

"please?"

"no."