005 | jupiter

"i can't do this anymore."

the last four months of junhui's life had been nothing but terrible.

maybe it's because— no, it has to be because minghao wasn't there with him anymore.

the male had actually had a change of heart when he was starting to be nice. he'd been treating his "boyfriend" like a piece of shit, and it was only after observing wonwoo and mingyu that he realized that they could've been like that too.

if only he wasn't so selfish.

~

minghao was lucky that jinki had put in a good word for him, as he now found himself in the company, six months after thinking it was impossible. of course, it stayed in the back of his mind that just because he was in the company didn't mean that he would automatically debut. he had to train.

still, he had high hopes, especially after kai had introduced him to a small group of trainees. he met seungcheol, jeonghan, joshua, soonyoung, jihoon, seokmin, seungkwan, vernon, and chan. all ten of them decided on a name for themselves, project:wonder, even starting their own channel (with permission from kai, of course) where they would document things like practices and upload things like dance covers.

minghao loved it. and his bandmates(?) were also quite interesting.

firstly, there was choi seungcheol, who was a talented rapper. he adored song writing, and reminded minghao of wonwoo.

then there was yoon jeonghan. he was a happy soul with an angelic voice, one that people could only dream of.

hong jisoo, or joshua, was similar. maybe if they were talking, minghao would be calmed instantly. joshua just had that effect on people. including jeonghan, who he was in a relationship with.

kwon soonyoung and lee jihoon were a package duo, but only by the former's choice. they were always stuck together, and based on the way jihoon tensed about jokes with their "sexual tension", there was definitely something going on with them.

they were both amazing singers, but soonyoung was an exceptional performer. nothing was wrong with him other than that he geniunely thought he was a tiger. jihoon just excelled at everything, including producing.

seokmin had not just the talent, but the humour as well. if you saw him, seungkwan, and soonyoung somewhere together, run and hide. those three together were quite insane. still, seokmin had quite the vocal range and would always be the one doing high notes in any covers they did.

boo seungkwan and chwe hansol, or vernon (it's chwe not chew), like jeonghan and joshua, were in a relationship. sort of— they didn't think they were. they were both quite passionate with what they did, seungkwan being able to hit unbelievable high notes and vernon having talent as a rapper and songwriter. it was a miracle how they hadn't debuted yet.

finally, there was lee chan. he was slightly ignored by the others, especially jihoon (who minghao leaned was his older brother). however, whenever he did something notable, he was always acknowledged for it.

nobody had asked about minghao's past. he was a new person here. nobody even noticed that he didn't eat much, always denying the takeout that chan ordered just about every other night. and if anyone had noticed, they didn't say anything. it was getting clear that jeonghan, joshua, and jihoon knew that something was up with him, but none of the three dared to ask anything, for a reason that minghao didn't know, but was happy existed.