002 | venus

"i fucking hate him."

junhui was pissed. seeing minghao trying to show that maybe they didn't have the textbook "perfect" relationship that people like wonwoo and mingyu had was annoying.

yet again, why did junhui care so much?

he didn't love minghao anymore. there was something always wrong with the younger that junhui didn't like.

he was always too feminine.

or too fat.

but he never changed that he was too weak.

okay, maybe junhui felt a tad bit of guilt after what he'd said to minghao. but it was tough love.

no, no. it wasn't love.

instead of going over to the bar, junhui walked past it, taking a small lap around the neighbourhood. the place was beautiful at night.

he returned home hours later, seeing minghao asleep on the couch. the younger looked peaceful.

he looked beautiful.

no, junhui, you can't be thinking those things.

minghao was just a person living in a house that junhui paid for.

nothing more, nothing less.

junhui walked to his bedroom, a thought entering his mind. he grabbed a big, fluffy blanket from the closet, walking back over to the couch where minghao was asleep. in one swift motion, he draped the blanket over the sleeping boy.

a random act of kindness or whatever.

~

minghao awoke early in the morning, blanket draped over his body.

i did not put that there.

shit! i forgot to get junhui from the bar! what if he—

"xu? why are you trying to pull out your hair?"

minghao breathed a sigh of relief, looking up at junhui. "why are you awake this early?"

"what, a man can't get up in the morning for work?" junhui let out a small chuckle, waving a cup of coffee at the younger. "coffee?"

the latter bit his lip, nodding. seeing that junhui had seemingly been able to take care of himself was both good and bad. if junhui didn't need minghao to take care of him anymore, what would happen? would he just drop the younger like there was no chemistry between them?

or maybe he'd be nice and let minghao stay with him. but even then, all the feelings that the latter had for junhui were building up inside him, especially now. this was the junhui he liked. the funny, nice one.

his heart ached.

~

after junhui had left, minghao sat on the couch, pondering. what if he took the older's words literally? if he packed all his stuff and left?

it would hurt minghao too much, wouldn't it? he still loved junhui. even if the latter didn't, he did. plus, there were days that he'd pick up a blackout drunk junhui. what if something happened to him while he staggered home?

but if junhui didn't have a use for him anymore, he'd have to leave. they didn't even bother to break the label on their... mixed relationship. it was an unspoken ordeal.

minghao just wanted a few days to clear his head, alone. what if junhui said "no" again?

~

"hey hao, what's up?"