Bonus Chapter (2)

Bibi's eyes widened. She wasn't expecting that. From how Sandy's face looked, though, buried into a pillow, she could tell how hard that was to say. She found a smile play on her lips, imagining Sandy's lips on hers again, his soft touch. But then she snapped out of it. How could she have the nerve to admit that, right here, in front of him? She couldn't be so vulnerable. She couldn't be an open book. She wanted to feel like she had some control. But she still wanted him to kiss her.

"I'd like to see you try," She decided to say, her face still red, but her tone at least somewhat convincing. She stared at him firmly, forcing him to look back at her.

"F-fine, then." Sandy dropped the pillow in his hands clumsily, and then played it off as if he intended for it to happen. His arms started shaking. "I'm going to do it."

"Okay, then," Bibi answered, equally shakily. "Do it."

Sandy took hesitant steps towards Bibi. When he was close enough, which seemed to take forever, he gently held her face in her hands and raised it up to his. He stared at it for a while. His face reddened, and his eyes trailed to the side for the moment, as if he felt guilty. Bibi bashfully leaned into his touch, trying not to look too eager.

Sandy's lips parted. He closed his eyes and softly brought her lips to his.

His lips were pillowy, and as they pressed against hers, Bibi noticed that he smelled of cinnamon. His breath was warm, like hot chocolate, and she felt his arms slowly lace around her back, tentatively pushing her closer to him. Bibi obliged. The soft tickle of his breath in her mouth made her shiver, butterflies gathering in her stomach.

After a moment, he placed his hands on Bibi's shoulders and slowly pulled away. His face looked dazed in love, cheeks tinted pink of course, and his lips were still parted, as if he were still imagining their lips together. His eyes stayed on her, but there was a vulnerability in them.

Bibi felt heat rush to her cheeks. Her ears were ringing as she stared back at Sandy. The effect of his kiss was so peaceful, calming. She wanted him to wrap his arms around her again. She wanted to feel warm in his embrace. She wanted to taste the softness of his lips one more time.

Without thinking, she laced her arms around his head and pulled his towards her once more, pressing her lips against his. Sandy didn't have time to catch his breath, he let out a small sound of surprise and his eyes widened, his arms outstretched touching nothing in particular. He froze up, and then slowly closed his eyes, letting his hands rest on the bedding beside him.

When Bibi finally touched her hands to Sandy's cheeks and pulled back, she couldn't help but smile through her blush. Sandy felt a rise of happiness gather in his stomach. He opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn't gather all of the thoughts that were flying around his head, so it felt better to just smile back at her.

Suddenly, he heard a rattling sound from the right, and they both swiveled around. He heard a voice.

"Hey Sandy!! I finally recovered. Anyways, wanna get back at those scrubs for what they-" Leon kicked open the door, scratching at his hair. His neck was in a brace, and one of his arms was in a sling. In spite of that, he looked like his same old enthusiastic self. "Oh." His face cracked into a mischievous smirk when he spotted the two of them. "Oh ho ho~"

Sandy's face reddened and he hid behind Bibi, embarrassed. Bibi's tender gaze shifted into an annoyed frown as she turned around and met Leon's eyes reluctantly. "And there goes my door."

"No can do, bubblegum." Leon wobbled over to them, trying to not fall over from the weight of his brace. Sandy jumped up to help him. "Not after your posse jumped me and Sandy, anyway."

"Hmph! That-" Bibi cut herself off. She had forgotten about the bandages on Sandy's forehead and arms, and she noticed more of them on his legs. "Wait. Posse? Did . . . No, no way. Did Crow and Bull do this?"

She expected Sandy to lean down and pat her on the shoulder, reassure her that they'd never do such a thing. She expected Leon to stare at her quizzically and then burst into laughter, talking about how ridiculous that was. But what she got was different.

Sandy's breath catched and he averted his eyes to Leon, and then to the ground, as if the fact that they attacked them was embarrassing. Leon, on the other hand, held Bibi's gaze. He nodded without hesitation.

"Duh." Leon said. Bibi gave him a look as if too shocked to speak. "Anyways, Sandy and I are going to get our revenge, and I don't care if you mind or not."

Sandy tensed up and quietly interjected, "N-no, Leon, it's fine, I-"

"Shush. Nope." Leon shook his head, which was hard enough to do in it's brace, and sighed, as if he'd dealt with this many times before. "Sandy, you can't just let people get away with treating you like that. It's not right."

"But . . . For Bibi-" Sandy started, but Leon held a finger to his lips. He glanced at Bibi, his gaze calculating, as if challenging her to say anything.

Bibi didn't need any challenging. She was sure of what she thought, and she was tired of Crow and Bull getting involved in her life. Yes, she knew that they did it because they cared about her, but this was too much. And looking at the bandages on Sandy made her tremble in anger. Who did they think they were? Hurting somewhat as sweet as Sandy. She felt like she was in pain just by looking at him, at the tattered bandages on his arms, forehead, legs.

She rose from the bed and took Sandy's hand, lacing her fingers into his. Sandy nearly gasped, his face turning pink, mouth ajar.

"I have no objections." She cracked up her knuckles and pulled her bat beside her. "Let's give them a taste of their own medicine."

Author's Note: Well, here we are. This was the first time I wrote a kiss scene, like ever, so I'm sorry if it doesn't read well. I hope you enjoyed the bonus chapter! It ended up being longer than I expected. Thank you for reading, and I hope that you have a nice day. Also, Happy Christmas Eve! :)