Chapter 7

"Right. We'll be going now." Bibi took Sandy's hand and led him back to the table. She looked back at Bull and Crow, mouthing Stop messing with my date!

Bull smiled back, innocent as ever. Crow batted his eyelashes (if Crows have eyelashes, idk).

Once the two had sat down at the table, Bibi sent Sandy an apologetic look. "Sorry about that. They're always looming over my social life, like they have to protect me."

There was silence for a moment.

Sandy recalled the time when Bull had mentioned something about Bibi casting a spell on him. Did Bibi really think that? Or was she confusing that feeling for something else?

"Bibi?" Sandy asked, "Why did you ask me out?"

"Well, I . . . I-I . . . The real reason I asked you out was because . . ." Bibi crossed her arms, heat rushing to her cheeks. Leon was right behind her, completely invisible. He playfully nudged her to respond. Her voice was soft and she chewed on the inside of her lip as she claimed, "You make me feel a certain way. I feel vulnerable around you, and I don't really know what to do about it. I want to ask you to undo whatever spell you've cast on me. I can't deal with my emotions being so . . . jumbled, like this." She spread out her hands and clenched them into fists in an attempt to show Sandy how she was feeling. Sandy froze.

"Does that mean . . ." Sandy mumbled, his heart beating in his chest. "You-" He paused, "Bibi-" He held out his hand to her, trying to touch her face.

"I don't know what it means!" Bibi stomped on the floor, "Goddamnit, I'm so tired of feeling so childish." She pulled her hair.

Sandy felt a surge of confidence surge through him, and he mustered up the guts to look Bibi in the eye. His expression was firm, "Bibi . . ." He trailed off.

"Tell me why this is happening! I've never felt like this. It's so weird. I . . . I . . ." Bibi's eyes were wide.

"Bibi." Sandy felt like he was on fire.

"I want to do so many things with you. I want to spend all of my time with you. I don't know why this is happening. Crap, Sandy, what did you do to me?!"

Sandy smiled. It was a peaceful smile, his eyes slightly crinkled, his plump cheeks shaded in red. He looked so adorable that Bibi couldn't move. It gave her a sort of calming effect, so much that everything that she was seeing slowed and amplified. Sandy slowly leaned over to her. His face was a silver away from hers. Bibi didn't move. He smelled like cinnamon. It happened in a matter of moments. His lips tentatively grazed hers, for just an instant, but it was enough to fill her with warmth. Bibi felt a surge of butterflies shoot up in her stomach, and she stared at Sandy wordlessly, her mouth agape as he pulled away. She somewhat hated Sandy for it, she wanted him to stay with her longer, she wanted to cherish that moment.

Sandy stared back at her, equally as surprised that he did that. As if he was returning to earth, he leaned back and Bibi could see the temperature of his body suddenly spike, his arms trembling, his face a stark red. He couldn't hold her gaze, not anymore.

"Uh," Sandy began, slowly, he could barely breathe, "I'm sorry, I, I'll-"

Leon suddenly appeared next to Sandy, he was invisible beside him the entire time, watching the ordeal. He clapped his hand on Sandy's back, "That's my boy."

Bibi looked at Sandy, then Leon, then Sandy again. She was so heated that she suddenly felt dizzy, and she tipped backwards, fainting. Leon effortlessly caught her by the hem of her jacket before she fell to the floor, holding her sluggishly.

"Guess she got too overwhelmed," Leon shrugged. He couldn't hide his smile as he watched Sandy's reaction to him being there play on his face.

Sandy's face was a pure bright red. "H-how-"

"Don't blame me. I have experience from you fainting from sleep-deprivation all the time." Sandy's blush deepened.

"How long have you been here?" Sandy crossed his arms.

Leon's smile widened. He didn't answer the question, but Sandy got the idea. "Sandy, I gotta say, you have a ton of charm. Especially when you did the thing where you pretended to be me and flirt with the sky, or something."

Sandy couldn't hear anything other than the internal screaming resounding throughout his body and the steady beating of his heart. Leon had seen that?? Sandy wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear from the entire situation. But then his gaze trailed to Bibi, and he stared at her body, entirely slumped toward the floor.

"Let go of her," Sandy mumbled, "You're hurting her."

Leon handed Bibi to Sandy without a word, as if he were expecting such a request. Sandy held her in a bridesmaid's carry. He stared at her body, watching her chest rise and fall. A quick sense of dread overcame him.

"Leon . . ." He bit his lip, "I messed up."

"What do you mean?"

"I just kissed her out of nowhere, I overwhelmed her." Sandy winced, his eyes not leaving Bibi's. He stared at her tenderly. "I made her feel like I cast a spell on her. I've been so terrible, I-"

"Hey," Leon put a hand on Sandy's shoulder, cutting him off. Sandy tentatively looked over to him. He seemed like he was on the verge of crying. "You didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I spoke to her when you went to the bathroom - or something - and she is obsessed with you. Really." Leon stifled a laugh, "She can't even realize how much she loves you, and you're the same way."

"Really?"

"Really." Leon smiled.

Sandy sniffled. He wiped the tears out of his eyes with one of his arms and turned away. He took a few deep breaths to gather himself. And then he turned back to Leon. "You're a great friend, y'know."

"Oh, I know." Leon smirked, patting Sandy on the head. "Speaking of that, I got something important to tell you."

"What is it?" Sandy's eyes widened in interest.

Leon's eyes shone a brilliantly bright green, and his smile turned diabolical as he hastily leaned back, arms outstretched as if a hawk, and proclaimed: "Bros before hoes."

Sandy's interest immediately diminished. "Seriously?"

"Remember when we made an oath to each other when we were kids?" Leon frowned, "That doesn't go away. It'll never go away. I'll be here for you, and you'll be here for me. Always. Respect the bro code."

"I do, but . . ." Sandy trailed off. He looked at Bibi, at the folds of her thick black hair, the peaceful look on her face. "I really like her."

Leon held a finger to Sandy's lips, "Shhh. Shh, shh, shh. Do I smell a simp?!"

Sandy shivered, "No!"

Leon smiled, "Then it's a deal."

"Whatever."

"Sounds like a deal to me."

The two of them giggled.

They didn't notice Bull standing over them, cracking his knuckles, and Crow silently aiming his poison daggers at their backs.