Chapter 6

NOTE: The skin above is Zombibi, by Kent2D !!

"Pssst!" She heard a familiar voice whisper in her ear, and she swiveled around, only to find an empty table. Was she hallucinating? Bibi shook her head at herself and slumped back into her chair. But then she felt someone tap on her shoulder, and with a frown she turned around again, meeting the shrouded eyes of Leon. He stared at her intently.

She nearly fell out of her chair. "AAAH!!" She exclaimed in surprise. Grabbing him by the collar, she grumbled, "Leon, you bastard. Have you been here this whole time?!"

Leon didn't flinch. A large, toothy smile crossed his face. "Yup," He snickered.

Bibi let go of his collar with one hand and grabbed her bat, positioning it so that it was right on top of his head. She could bonk him at any moment. "What do you want?" she pressed.

"To help you, you moron." Leon tapped his fist on Bibi's head like it was a door, as if to imply that she had no brain. "You have no idea how long Sandy's been crushing on you."

Bibi blinked, puzzled. Heat rose to her cheeks and her grip on Leon's collar weakened. "He . . . He has a crush on me?" She let go of Leon and put her hands to her cheeks. Was this why he had cast this spell on Bibi? Not to manipulate her, but to make her fall in love with him? No, he wouldn't do that. He was Sandy. He'd never hurt her. Heck, he was afraid that he had offended her after he had complimented her.

And . . . Why was she reacting like this anyway? Why did she care if Sandy liked her? Maybe Bibi wanted the help. Maybe she wanted to pursue Sandy, after all.

"Ha! Gotcha!!" Leon flicked Bibi on the forehead. "Heck if I know who he has a crush on."

Bibi frowned, her blush abruptly fading. She held her bat over Leon's head again. "Then why are you helping me?"

Leon shrugged. "I'm bored. I want to protect him. Also, I think I could pull it off."

"Pull what off, knucklehead?"

"Playing cupid." Leon smiled smugly. "Duh."

Bibi closed her eyes, trying to imagine Leon in a diaper with a bow and an arrow tipped with a heart, soaring through the clouds. "I'm going to vomit," She said firmly.

"Save that for when your sweetheart comes back." Leon winked.

Bibi rolled her eyes. "So, what was all that about helping me?"

Leon's smile turned wicked, and he mischievously turned left and right before leaning over and speaking into Bibi's ear. Bibi's mouth went agape as she heard his words.

On the other side of the restaurant, as Sandy made his way to the bathroom, he was intercepted by none other than Crow, who flashed his daggers elegantly in the light, beckoning Sandy over. Sandy hesitantly walked toward him, taking in his menacing glare.

"Um." Sandy started, forcing a smile as he waved at Crow. "Hi."

"Hey," Crow said under his breath. He didn't waste any time. "What's your business with Bibi?"

Sandy gulped, "I . . . We . . ."

Crow held a poison dagger to Sandy's throat, and Bull suddenly emerged from behind him, his eyes like two burning orbs of black fire.

"Spit it out." Crow's eyes narrowed.

"She asked me out," Sandy murmured.

Crow and Bull exchanged a glance. Bull shook her head, as if he wasn't satisfied. He grabbed Sandy by the shoulders.

"Look at me right in the eye, boy." Bull growled under his breath. Sandy trembled and shook in his arms, sweat running down his face. "Did you pull anything on Bibi? Cast some spell on her? She's been rambling about one for the past two days."

"A spell?" Sandy frowned, shocked out of his nervous stupor. "What are you talking about? I can't cast spells. I just . . . throw sand." Sandy could barely speak. He was terrified.

Crow and Bull shared a glance again. Crow shrugged, as if to say that Sandy had a point. Bull sighed, and he swiveled back to Sandy. "Is that it?" He pursed his lips.

Sandy nodded vigorously. "I-I'm sorry," He began, his voice wavering, gaze trained to the ground. "But what is the point of-"

Bull suddenly held a finger to Sandy's lips, his gaze fixated to the side. He suddenly looked delighted and Sandy looked behind himself to meet the eyes of Bibi. Her face was as hard as stone.

"What are you doing with him?" She swatted Bull's hand away from Sandy and pulled him close to her. Sandy blushed feverishly.

Bull tried to put on the innocent act. "Oh, I was just showing him to the bathroom, that's all." Bull put on a toothy shiny smile, and then nudged Sandy to do the same. Sandy forced a smile and nodded quickly, but Bibi saw right through it.