Chapter 9: Alix

"Wait." I said, before we went inside. In front of us, stood a tall, leaning building, dressed roof to basement with bright colors and colorful lights. The door was just beyond our reach, but we still needed to walk a bit farther. I stood there, took a deep breath, and looked at Imogen.

Her dark hair flowed in the light breeze and her hazel eyes stared back at me.

"I need something answered..." I said, slowly. Imogen nodded and turned her body so that she was completely facing me. "How can we remember him now? Is a funeral the only way he can be remembered?"

She walked towards me and said, "Well, no. The funeral just means that they'll be remembered quicker. This is confusing business, I know, but we have a certain schedule to follow." She put her arm behind my back. "Let me explain: you see when someone dies, they are sent here. If they have a funeral they are remembered in about 3 living years. It's all very complicated.

"It also depends on their age, too. If they die of old age, they are usually immediately sent to Heaven or Hell, whichever they are meant to go. It mostly depends on how they died and what happened to their body after they died. Your brother was murdered, but you didn't have a funeral, so I'm guessing he'll be wherever he's meant to go in roughly one more human year," She continued, "but I'm not sure."

I nodded, but slightly confused.

"I know, it's very confusing and complex, but it works for us."

"Who's 'us'?" I asked. She looked at me and pointed up, then down.

"The only three gods in this place," she said, "well, two gods and a goddess."-- gesturing towards herself --"Of course, there's God, whom most people misunderstand. He's not what most people expect. He's like you and me, and he's not perfect. No one is. Though, he acts like it sometimes.

"And then there's Death, Underworld God. He's... okay. He's also a bit misunderstood. But Death technically isn't a god. The Ruler of The Underworld, a.k.a. Satan, whom no one has ever seen, is the god. But... um, he's not very nice." She smiled and then said, "Yeah, he's an asshole.

"And then there's me, Imogen. I'm like Death... sort of. I'm not necessarily a goddess. I'm what you call, a very important angel, I guess. But I control whatever goes on in Limbo, so in a way I am." She said, then she turned around and squinted. "Hmm."

"What?" I asked.

"Is that... Caspar?" She asked, still peering away. "It is! What's he doing here? Hmm. Probably for you. You're still alive, you know."

"Wait. What?!" I asked. "What do you mean?"

"I'm sure Caspar will explain." She said, as a half demon person... thing came towards us. Half of his face had his skin torn off and I could see bone, and the other half seemed perfectly normal. His hair was black, covering the side of the torn off skin a little. He had dark brown eyes, that seemed familiar and safe. And...

He was staring at me.

♤♡◇♧

A/N: And she finally updates. Omg. And now people are probably not gonna like this story since I took forever. I'm sorry. Oh well.

Hope you're still interested & keep reading. Don't forget to...

Vote! ♡
Comment! ♡
Follow! ♡
Stay Beautiful, my lovely Creatures. xx