Chapter 9

Warning:  You will get more than what you bargained for. <Evil laugh>

                                                                       Chapter 9

                                                                          #Layla#

Layla sat in her car thinking about what the fortune teller had told her. She kept her hand on the steering wheel lost in her fantasy world. I should know better than to believe about the predictions made by fortune tellers…they cook up strange stories to make money, she shook her laughing. She had spent a bizarre morning with her friend at the carnival. Soulmates, she laughed starting her car engine.

Layla dreamily drove the car thinking about her new boyfriend. She was so lucky to have Chad. He made her feel so special and treated her so nicely. He didn’t tell her before his real identity but he did have his reasons. She looked with amazement at a crowd of people surrounding her house.

“What the hell?” she muttered aloud and got off her car after parking it. The people surrounding her house previously instantly crowded around her. She brought her hands in front of her face to save herself from getting blinded by harsh lights flashing at her.

“What are you doing?” she screamed at them.

“Ma’am I’m a reporter from Teen magazine,” a man shoved a mike under her face, “Why did you cheat on Chad Jackman?”

“CHEAT ON CHAD?” she stared at the reporter with wide eyes.

“Hello Layla, how did Chad propose you to be his girlfriend?” another lady kept her mike in front of Layla’s face.”

“Please let me go,” Layla begged unable to break away from the reporters.

“Look here…we are taking pictures of you for sixteen magazine,” a lady started to flash her camera at the scandalized girl.

“Hey! What are you doing will you stop it!” Layla ordered hiding her face.

“Would you like to be on our chat show?” a man asked, “Where is your agent? We can sign a contract right now.”

“I don’t have an agent,” she screamed at him, “And I’m not interested in any stupid chat show!”

“Perfect,” a reporter was clicking her pictures, “Just move a little towards the right…I want some pictures of your profile.”

What should I do…they are not letting me go, Layla panicked.

“What is the name of your stylist? The girls who read our magazine would like to know about that,” a prissy lady asked.

“Leave me alone!” Layla ordered.

The paparazzi did not pay any heed to Layla’s shouting or begging. Unperturbed they kept on asking questions from her and continuously clicked her photos. She did not know what to do as she had never been in such a situation before.

“Hello,” a masculine voice said in a singsong voice. Immediately all the reporters broke away from Layla and started clicking pictures of the handsome newcomer.

“Alex?” Layla questioned astonished removing her hands from her face.

“My good people,” Alex spread his hands invitingly, “I would like to get photographed and interviewed right now but I have to take Layla somewhere with me.”

Alex smiled charmingly at Layla and held out his hand, “Come my lady.”

“Y—Yess..” Layla held his hand shivering with fright.