Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Gah!" I have nothing decent to put on..." Layla slumped down on her bed disheartened.

"God Layla...throw tantrums much?" Tara rolled her eyes lost in the depths of her Layla's cupboard trying to find for her an outfit to wear for the date with Scott.

"I want it to be perfect," Layla swung her legs dreamily.

"You don't even know him properly girl," Tara said throwing a shiny blue dress out of the cupboard.

"I feel like I know him...I don't know why? I've just met him twice...but Tee I have to tell you when he kissed me it was Fourth of July."

"Hate to break your bubble hun but you haven't had a proper chat with him...making out doesn't count as proper bonding when you barely know a person."

Layla scoffed, "Tee you of all people is saying that? What happened to your sappy talk?"

Tara turned away from the cupboard and faced her with her hands firmly placed on waist. "You know...you are just asking for trouble. I smell something fishy here...he lands up outside the park injured and you bring him back home and start making out instead and then he disappears on you...Then the next day he come to see you in the middle of the night and you guys make out again and he asks you out for a date. Is it me or does thing whole thing seem weird to you too?"

"Jeez Tee cut the guy some slack," Layla said hesitatingly.

She had thought about this before Tara had mentioned it. It bothered her quite a bit that she did not know anything about Scott...but she also couldn't even keep away from it. Layla felt as if there was some force pushing them together; an invisible cord that connected both of them with each other. She knew she wouldn't be able to keep away from Scott even if she tried her best.

"Well don't blame me if you find that guy boring or end up discovering that he is some psycho killer. Just because he resembles you favourite rockstar doesn't mean he is nice." Tara said moving closer to her friend.

"I don't know Tee...Aren't you being too harsh though?"

"I'm just being protective Layla...you know that I'm a true romantic at heart but I'm just looking out for you...I don't want you to get into trouble. Think of it Layla he straight away started making out with you? And you are not even his girlfriend," she said keeping her hand on Layla's shoulder.

"I-I don't know what to do...I shouldn't have accepted his date offer?" Layla's face fell, "and I shouldn't have kissed him back..."

"Hey anyways you can get to know him now," Tara said cheerfully looking at her friend's sad face, "So what you are wearing now?"

"I'm doomed I won't be able to reach on time."

"It's just three pm in case you failed to notice," Tara laughed picking up the short red dress thrown on the floor and testing it on Layla.

"It takes time...my hair is still not done you know it takes more than hour to curl my hair," Layla said running her fingers through her waist length dark brown hair.

"True...what about this?" Tara asked showing Layla a black tee shirt which was supposed to hang loose on one side and leave that side of the shoulder bare. "This is your best bet...you can wear this with your skinny jeans and black boots. You will look nice but it won't look like you are trying hard.

Layla got off her bed and hugged Tara gleefully. "You are always the best."

"Yeah," She grinned back, "That's why I'm your official fashion advisor...All right..." she pushed back Layla keeping her hands on her shoulders pretending to examine her, "Hmm...let's work on that pretty face and hair of yours."