Chapter 7

Chapter 7

                                                                             #Chad#

How could I be so stupid? He thought pensively looking at Layla's slim figure running out of the room. He had to get to her and explain everything. He was going to face serious problems that to because of a human. It was surprising that the only thought in his mind was; what explanation he was going to give to Layla; Alex sitting next to him was the last person on his mind. She had to understand...what would he do without her? He immediately got up from his chair to follow her.

"That is going to be very interesting," Alex chuckled, "What have you been hiding from us all this time little brother?"

"I am not your brother," Chad looked back and growled at Alex, "And it would be for the best for you if you keep out of this." He rushed out of the room behind Layla.

"I love relationships between different races..." Alex murmured, "There is so much more spice in them than other relationships."

It didn't take much time owing to his supernatural speed to find Layla. He felt his insides tearing up at the thought of her tears. He could not forget her sad accusing face. He couldn't remember he had acted like a lovelorn teenager. Now here he was running behind his human girlfriend. He had lied to her just to keep her safe. He had to cook up a story fast to tell the reason for his lies. He felt awful about lying to her but he couldn't simply tell her that he was a vampire.

She was running blindly without any aim of reaching a destination. "Layla!" he called out purposely running slowly.

She ignored him and kept running till she reached the beach. Layla stopped and fell down on the white sand now silvery due to the moonlight. The ocean waves were gently rising and falling.

"Please listen to me...I didn't mean to hurt you," he was standing next to her holding out his to pick her up. He looked at Layla gloomily as she sobbed helplessly under the shiny stars.

"Go away!" she commanded, "I want nothing to do with you...you lied to me about everything."

He crouched down beside her, "At least give me a chance to explain..."

Her eyes flashed at him angrily, "A relationship is based solely on trust and broke mine."

"Lay-"

"I was a just a playing doll for you...I believed you...I believed your every single lie."

"Will you listen to me!" he held her shoulders and shook her gently.

She stared at him silently.

He sighed and started, "I'm sorry I lied to you...but it wasn't entirely all lies. My name is Chad Scott Jackman..."

"Huh?"

"No one except my family and friends know my full name...and if you will remember I never totally accepted that I'm not Chad Jackman...I did not tell you about it because I didn't think that it was important."

"Why?" she asked wiping away her tears, "Why didn't you tell me?"

He held her hand and gazed deep into her light eyes, "Tell me? Would you like me more if I told you that I'm a rockstar? Would your fondness for me intensify?"

Lalya didn't know what to say. "No," she finally said after a long pause.

"Sweetheart," he moved towards her held her face in his hands, "I thought you were interested in me and not the rockstar Chad that is why I did not mention it. I wanted you to like me for who I am and not what I do."