Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Scott knocked on the dark brown door of a huge white house. Soft yellow light was partially visible from the large dark brown wooden windows. It was utterly odd for a normal human to be awake at such an hour as it was somewhere 3am in the morning. He could hear lively voices of people talking clearly. He heard sounds that were not audible to a normal being but he was normal was he? He looked up at the potted plants hanging on the roof. 'I can't believe it,' he shook his head in disdain as someone opened the large door.

"How delightful," a man with jet black hair drummed his fingers together giving out a large smile revealing a pair of rather sharp and pointed canines. "We were just in the middle of our meal...so glad you could make it. His Light green eyes sparkled with amusement. He seemed to be in his mid-twenties. He brushed the hair falling over face aside.

"Yeah it's a pity I heal up fast," Scott said sourly and walked into the house.

"You are soaking wet my dear friend." The man kept his hand over his mouth feigning surprise.

"You didn't notice the weather when you had left me to die? Huh Alex?" Scott threw his wet leather jacket over the table near the door.

"Ah but we cannot die so easily," Alex grinned evilly as Scott walked further crossing the lounge.  "Will you be joining us shortly?"

"Do I have any other option?"

Alex laughed. Scott ignored him and started to climb up the marble staircase. He pushed open the door of his room and entered inside. 'I don't believe Alex...how could he leave me on the streets like that? He's Alex after all I should have known better' Scott thought staring at the white walls. 'I'll pay him pack in double.' He removed his wet tee-shirt revealing a startlingly pale white but well built body. He threw his tee shirt into the laundry basket and walked towards his cupboard. He opened it and took out a pair of basic blue jeans and a white shirt.

It was all about power wasn't it. Only the strong survive while the weak die. Alex had always been jealous of Scott especially now that he was emerging as threat to Scott. He threw fresh clothes on the dark brown double bed and grabbed a towel to wipe himself off.

***

"Hello Scott," a young human blonde smiled at him. She went off with her brunette friends giggling after he smiled back at her. Humans...foolish all of them. They came here knowing they will be facing their worst nightmare but still they came attracted by our make believe beauty and glamour. He was standing alone in a large room filled with people, both humans and them. Intoxicating smell of blood filled his nostrils ad he took in a deep breath.

 Crystal chandeliers glimmered throwing their light below in the room. People were dancing in the middle of the room swaying to beats of haunting music played by Ben. Dear old Ben, his long time friend. They danced oblivious to the horrific scene taking place at the various corners of the room. Chairs were arranged all along the sides of the room. These chairs were occupied by silly humans who willingly invited themselves to this torture chamber. He remembered a human he had come across earlier the same night. 'No this cannot happen to me,' he thought alarmed, 'humans are stupid creatures...all of them.' But he could not forget that face, gentle grey eyes, hair that looked like the night and lips that he could kiss all day long. The way he had felt when his lips had touched. He tried to get the image of Layla out of his mind but failed.

"Scott I'm glad you could make it," David grinned at him.

"David," he gave him a wide smile relieved that this distraction would get Layla out of his mind. "How are you?"

"Good, it's quite a feast tonight," He spread his arms out towards the corners of the room. "I'm surprised so many of them would come willingly."

"I'm stunned myself humans seem to invite their own doom. Were they explained some of them would not leave alive tonight?"

"They were...they said they wanted to surrender to the darkness," David laughed out loud.

"Even animals are smarter than them...at least they run away from danger while humans welcome us with open arms."

"Well said Scott..." He looked at him worried, "I heard about what Alex did earlier this night"

"Yes...you must have." Scott said uncomfortably. One emotion he wasn't used to was someone caring for him and David seemed to care at the moment.

"Just because he's jealous of you doesn't mean that he can get away after hurting you with the help of his friends," he spat.

"It's all right David I'll get back at him."

"We should discuss this with the council...and now that you are on the verge of becoming a member yourself..."

"I will deal with him in my own way...you don't need to interfere."

David's face fell. Sometimes Scott felt that David would never be able to get rid of his human emotions. He was too gentle to be one of them. The council anyways would have told him to solve his problems on his own. Alex was a council member already and he was a very good manipulator, he could easily turn the situation into his own favour.

"Let us feed I'm hungry," Scott patted David's shoulder looking at his hurt expression turn into a ravished one.

"Yes we will I haven't drunk a drop."

Scott walked towards the human blonde who was previously almost throwing herself on him.

"Hello there," he held her waist as she blushed.

"Hi," she smiled shyly," I was hoping you would come over to me.

"Well you just had your wish come true, pretty." He traced his finger across her cheek as she shivered.

"You are so cold!" she exclaimed.

"That I am," he said irritated with her stupidity. "Let's go somewhere we can't be disturbed."

He took her hand and walked to the place where the chairs were arranged. As she sat down he sat beside her. 'I guess I should just start.' He thought running his hand on her neck. The smooth and unblemished neck tempted him severely.  She pushed her hair away from her neck and bent her face sideways. He bent towards her and licked her neck. His canines started transforming as they lengthened to sharp delicate points like a cats canines. He pressed them on her neck piercing her skin as she gasped and gave out a little yelp. Delicious tasty sticky red liquid filled his mouth. He knew she would relax in a minute as the substance present in his saliva would numb her pain. He was so thirsty, and the loss of blood he went through had starved him further. Her eyes closed and her dark blonde eyelashes fanned her face, complete opposite from the colour of Layla's eyelashes. They were thick and jet black in colour contrasting with her pretty greyish-bluish eyes. He was draining the blonde's blood out satisfying his deep thirst still he couldn't get the thoughts of Layla out of his head. It was against his basic sanity. He hated humans hadn't he? They had killed his sister last year. They couldn't accept a different race. The council would order death for him if they came to know about his intentions. Humans were only meant to be fed upon. The council was the one which decided the rules and regulations for the vampires. Scott had been nominated to become a member of the council this year. He couldn't throw away all that due to the reason he couldn't control his emotions for a human...but what if she was ...? He was scared to answer the question.

***

Hey guys this is my introduction to Chad's worldJ I hope you liked it. Don't forget to comment and vote or fan yourself if you like my stories. It would mean a lot to me.